How will the Hawks end up this season?

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
Bumping this pre-season thread at half way point. Wanted to know if the opinions have changed.

Winning is like a drug. If somebody had told me in 2009 that Hawks would win 3 cups in the Toews/Kane era, I would have taken it. Now that we have won those, I want more. Anything other than a cup win will be let down for me.
If Anisimov, Panarin and Daley pan out, and we are able to get rid of Bickell then we have a decent chance.

Here was mine. Anisimov and Panarin have surpassed my expectations, so have Danault, TVR and Gustaffson. Daley was a miss, Bickell is still an issue and Kruger/Toews/Hossa have been underwhelming. But the biggest difference for me is there is no uncertainty about Kane and playing the best hockey of his life. Feel much better about this team's chances now.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Maybe not this year, but I fully expect the Hawks to win another Cup (maybe two) with Kane, Toews, Keith, and Seabrook (to a lesser extent).

1.5 would be a good over/under.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Things look pretty good.

They need to find a 3rd line that can score at least a little, and obviously someone who can take a hold of that LW spot on the top line and run with it. Maybe Panik can help fill one of those needs? With Desi playing as well as he has been and Danault emerging the 4th line should be ok come playoff time.

Gus helps plug a huge defensive hole if he keeps up his good play.

I still feel another trade is necessary.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Uhhhhh.... too early to tell. Kind of need to know how the dust settles with Kane.

That being said....

With Kane: Top-tier challenger gunning for a repeat. Not reaching at least the WCF would be a disappointment.
Without Kane: Playoff team that might do some damage, but reaching the WCF would be a surprise.

Screw it, going all in.

Repeat, baby.

Stand by this. Repeat, baby.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Things look pretty good.

They need to find a 3rd line that can score at least a little, and obviously someone who can take a hold of that LW spot on the top line and run with it. Maybe Panik can help fill one of those needs? With Desi playing as well as he has been and Danault emerging the 4th line should be ok come playoff time.

Gus helps plug a huge defensive hole if he keeps up his good play.

I still feel another trade is necessary.

Our 3rd line is providing some punch right now. They just need to maintain that level of play.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm still going cautious and sticking to my 2nd round pick.

They're still in the conversation for the cup obviously, but the gap between them and the rest of the central has narrowed as far as roster depth and talent.

So it's easier to imagine a solid possession team from the Central going on a bit of a PDO binge and ousting them.

But they won 3 cups in 6 years. If they fall short this year, I'll hardly be wracked with depression.

....unless they lose to the Kings again, who go on to win a cup, and once again outdo the Hawks latest cups/years achievement.

Then I'll be kinda miffed.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
If the hawks don't repeat, which I think they will, as long as the kings don't win, I'm fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad