How will the Hawks end up this season?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Back in less horrific offseasons, we'd while away the time with poll after poll. So, I thought I'd go ahead and make one (and figured this would be a happier topic than "Do you think Kane will get charged").

Well...how will we do this season (and no caveats about whether a certain someone will be playing!!!)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Provided Kane can return and the young guns (Panarin, Teuvo, Dano) can step up like I know they can? I expect nothing less than a cup.

And I don't care how unlikely it is that they'll repeat. As Han would say, "Never tell me the odds".

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
If Kane is gone, miss the playoffs. With him, lose in first round. This D is going to get torched.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
How could the defense get torched? It's still Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson will be taking 65% of the ice time.

People care too much about bit players.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
If Kane is gone, miss the playoffs. With him, lose in first round. This D is going to get torched.

We only lost Oduya!
If Panarin, Anisimov and Dano catch on I can see another deep run and then it's anybody's guess!

It is after all a Blackhawk Renaissance!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Uhhhhh.... too early to tell. Kind of need to know how the dust settles with Kane.

That being said....

With Kane: Top-tier challenger gunning for a repeat. Not reaching at least the WCF would be a disappointment.
Without Kane: Playoff team that might do some damage, but reaching the WCF would be a surprise.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Our roster still isn't finished yet so it's tough to say. I doubt Kane misses a single game for the record.

We lost Sharp, Saad, and Oduya. While not crucial pieces to our success they were still very important and they were replaced by either kids and/or guys who have no idea what it's like to play Blackhawks hockey.

As fans (most of us atleast) we were able to spend the last 6 years watching the Hawks play with confidence. We believed they'd get it done and you could tell they did too. That might not be the case right away with such roster turnover. I think chemistry might be a big problem this season. I think we make it no further than the 2nd round

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Our roster still isn't finished yet so it's tough to say. I doubt Kane misses a single game for the record.

We lost Sharp, Saad, and Oduya. While not crucial pieces to our success they were still very important and they were replaced by either kids and/or guys who have no idea what it's like to play Blackhawks hockey.

As fans (most of us atleast) we were able to spend the last 6 years watching the Hawks play with confidence. We believed they'd get it done and you could tell they did too. That might not be the case right away with such roster turnover. I think chemistry might be a big problem this season. I think we make it no further than the 2nd round
I'm with you here.

I think it will be an ugly year with some really nice hotstreaks.
Continuity is key for puck management in my opinion, and they're going to make as many mistakes or more than in the first 2/3rds of 11' imo.

While I think it will a tough ride to the postseason, I think getting out of the first two rounds is very likely. Q will be messing with tremendous depth up front all year and he'll find some winning formulas. I think everybody in the division has some massive vulnerabilities and the Hawks have solved them before. NAS won't surprise anyone, STL still needs top centers, MIN has too many players with questions or on the verge of a dropoff, and the others are a year or more away from really matching up well against Chicago.

I like what they have paper this year on Sep 1st better than last year when it comes to a 7 game series so I like their chances of a CF appearance or better even if they are fighting to secure a playoff spot the last week of the season.

If Kane is moved, I don't see them in the playoffs without a massive veteran return.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Uhhhhh.... too early to tell. Kind of need to know how the dust settles with Kane.

That being said....

With Kane: Top-tier challenger gunning for a repeat. Not reaching at least the WCF would be a disappointment.
Without Kane: Playoff team that might do some damage, but reaching the WCF would be a surprise.

I'd agree with this.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
With Kane: 3rd in the West, 7th Overall -> WCF Loss
Without Kane: 8th in the West, 12th Overall -> 2nd Round Exit

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hawks still have Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Crawford for sure. That's still a great core.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think Kane plays, but I'll hedge my bets and say 2nd round exit.

I think offensively they're still fine, I think defensively they have some big question marks. By the time playoffs roll around, I may be totally convinced they can make another deep run.

That said, we're coming off a third cup in 6 six years. They could be a lottery team and I'd still be enjoying the afterglow.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I think this is the year Q's special teams idiocy costs the team. Hawks get bounced in the 2nd round due in large part to the ST discrepancy between them and their opponent.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think this is the year Q's special teams idiocy costs the team. Hawks get bounced in the 2nd round due in large part to the ST discrepancy between them and their opponent.

Of course, because it was such a huge problem in the 3 other years we won the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad