Speculation: How Will the Hawks End Up Next Year? (Pre-Season Edition)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
it's the middle of August, not much to talk about. Let's talk about something.

If you don't pick them as repeating their cup win, spit ball on who you think might take them out in the playoffs.

I think they'll make it to the WCF. But LA (who we beat handily) will beat them this time.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Statistically speaking it just seems to improbable for 2 cups in a row...which makes me sad

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
No idea.

400x225

THAT'S HOCKEY BABY

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013
Regular Season Division Champs, and most probably, President's Trophy winners. Forgive the terminology...it's engrained. Playoff projections, however, seem premature :P That said from one who agrees with Bubba88...Cup or bust! Should be heavy frontrunners going in, frankly independent of the regular season finish.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I say lose in the WCF.

Another regroup year with a few young kids being inserted. A slight hangover from this past season with a very short summer.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Probably not winning the division. Short summer + cup hangover + Olympics = #4-#6 seed finish IMO.

Edit, or whatever the new equivalent is with new divisions

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Impossible.

You finish 1-4 in your division. I think we finish 2nd behind St. Louis only becaue of the Cup hangover. Probably get Minnesota in the 1st round and beat them, then beat St. Louis.

I'm not being serious. I just have no idea how things will end up this year but don't see the Hawks finishing in 7th. They will be firmly in the playoffs unless devastated by injuries. There are 7 teams in the Central now though so it is possible to finish in 7th place.

member 151739

I didn't want to vote for something negative, but I honestly don't expect much from next season. That'd be selfish. Anything can happen in the playoffs. But the Cup is coming back again. That's hockey, baby.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Win the division, don't lose in the first round, and I'll be happy. Those are both things that this roster is more than equipped to do.

Going deep into the playoffs again will be tough, especially with such a short summer. It's been done before, though, and recently to boot - both the Pens and Wings in 07-08 and 08-09. Perhaps the fact that last season was only 48 games will somewhat mitigate the effect of the shorter summer. I guess we'll find out soon.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Win the division, don't lose in the first round, and I'll be happy. Those are both things that this roster is more than equipped to do.

Going deep into the playoffs again will be tough, especially with such a short summer. It's been done before, though, and recently to boot - both the Pens and Wings in 07-08 and 08-09. Perhaps the fact that last season was only 48 games will somewhat mitigate the effect of the shorter summer. I guess we'll find out soon.

This post about mirrors my train of thought.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
one thing we have going for us is that even with the scf run, the hawks only played 71 games.

That said, I voted SCF win again, but its a longshot.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I say lose in the WCF.

We've got a lot of young guys coming up and they have to grow into full-time roles. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Cup again, it's just not my expectation.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think there will be no Cup hangover because of the depth and the short season. They played 71 games.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I can't wait for hockey to start. Gonna be awesome to have football and hockey at once again. And also, D Rose is going to be back so I'll pretty much have something to watch every night of the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad