How Will The Habs Get Bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I know that their is the lack of size thread but this one is a little different. We all know that the Habs lack in size. There is no surprise there. My question is:

How will the Habs become a bigger team?

Players on the roster right now:

Desharnais 5 foot 7 and 177 pounds.
Dumont 5 foot 9 and 170 pounds.
Gallagher 5 foot 9 and 178 pounds.
Gionta 5 foot 7 and 174 pounds.

Prospects:
Bournival 5 foot 11 and 179 pounds.
Collberg 5 foot 11 and 181 pounds.
Hudon 5 foot 10 and 177 pounds.
Kristo 5 foot 11 and 172 pounds.
Leblanc 6 feet and 178 pounds.

All of those numbers are from the Habs official site.

Lets break it down a bit:
Desharnais---signed for another four years
Dumont---looks like he can be a NHL regular
Gallagher---small in size but massive heart. true warrior
Gionta---captain is signed for another year

Bournival---looks to be a good 3rd/4th liner
Collberg---massive offensive potential
Hudon---big offensive potential
Kristo---waited a long time for him. he will get his chance
Leblanc---former first rounder who should be given another shot

This thread is not to knock the Habs lack of size at all. We all know that they should get bigger but it looks as if most of those players are here to stay for a while.

On a side not I do realize that the prospects can still put on some muscle to add to their weight.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Well, we got PacMan, Eller, Agally, Prust, Moen that should be with the team for a few years, and if we re-sign Bourque, that's 6 players out of 12 that can be considered ''big bodies''. Sign a big UFA or 2 and I would be fine with having 4-5 smaller guys like Plecky, Kristo, DD, Gallagher and maybe Dumont.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Maybe MB will trade Gionta this summer. Especially if we get muscled out of the playoffs early. I know he's still young but Gallagher just looks too good to let go.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Considering you're not proposing any solutions, I'm having a hard time seeing this thread as anything other than a list of the Habs players/prospects heights and weights, which I don't think we really need.

And seeing as how most solutions are going to be suggestions of who to draft, who to go after in a trade, and who to sign as a free agent, that can all be discussed in the existing threads dedicated to such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad