How will Olympic Break Impact the Penguins

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm for one thinking this is the best thing for this team.

The team has been so injured this first half, and it looks to be getting closer to getting healthier moving forward.

I think that once we hit that break, this will hurt the momentum of all teams, including the Penguins and if we are mostly healthy it will put the Penguins on par from a game speed and momentum standpoint.

Not to mention young guys like Maata could really use this time off to take in what has transpired in his first season of NHL and perhaps rejuvinate for a long run through the playoffs.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm for one thinking this is the best thing for this team.

The team has been so injured this first half, and it looks to be getting closer to getting healthier moving forward.

I think that once we hit that break, this will hurt the momentum of all teams, including the Penguins and if we are mostly healthy it will put the Penguins on par from a game speed and momentum standpoint.

Not to mention young guys like Maata could really use this time off to take in what has transpired in his first season of NHL and perhaps rejuvinate for a long run through the playoffs.

Maatta will most likely be on the Finish Olympic team; he wont get a break. You're nuts if you think Geno and Martin wont play through injuries.

Except for Letang and Scuderi the Penguins best players will all be getting worn down more.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
How do the rigors of the Olympics compare to that of the NHL?

I do understand our stars will be playing, but I would like to think they will be getting healthier during that time, and my main point is that there will be a lot of teams out of whack coming out of the break, and the Pens who would be out of whack regardless because of the hectic season now will have company to equalize their situation.

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006
Maatta will most likely be on the Finish Olympic team; he wont get a break. You're nuts if you think Geno and Martin wont play through injuries.

Except for Letang and Scuderi the Penguins best players will all be getting worn down more.

I don't think Neal will be making the Olympic team and i'm secretly hoping Kunitz won't either. Also I doubt Fleury is on Canada either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad