How Will Ducks Win Back Fans?

ducksfan714

Apr 28, 2012
There are the obvious answers like winning, signing free agents + resigning Getz and perry. I think if they did events for the fans that would help out a lot. Giveaways, discount on merchandise, events like blackouts, orange out whatever(all fans where the same color during a rival game or something) Bring back excitement too SoCal. There are plenty of things they can do, it's just do they care?

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
There are the obvious answers like winning, signing free agents + resigning Getz and perry. I think if they did events for the fans that would help out a lot. Giveaways, discount on merchandise, events like blackouts, orange out whatever(all fans where the same color during a rival game or something) Bring back excitement too SoCal. There are plenty of things they can do, it's just do they care?

Precisely how I feel.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Sorry but short term discounts on overpriced, cheaply made crap is hardly a winning strategy.

I agree, but it helps. Free parking for the first few home games, free beers, something.

Tampa, Pittsburgh have paved the way, no reason we can't follow.

To be clear, I'm not looking to cash in on these deals, I just feel it'll help bring back the casual fan.

ducksfan714

Apr 28, 2012
Sorry but short term discounts on overpriced, cheaply made crap is hardly a winning strategy.

I won't buy any of the stuff not because I can't but because your right it's still way too expensive but in my opinion it's the thought that counts. They need to focus on selling out games and bringing back excitement to SoCal hockey. Black outs orange out whatever stuff like that helps but I honestly don't think they care :/

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I won't buy any of the stuff not because I can't but because your right it's still way too expensive but in my opinion it's the thought that counts. They need to focus on selling out games and bringing back excitement to SoCal hockey. Black outs orange out whatever stuff like that helps but I honestly don't think they care :/

I'm all for trying to bring excitement to the games. But that's the kind of stuff they should be trying to do all the time.

You want a butt kissing promo? Here's one...Right at game time, every lower bowl seat not sold is given away as an upgrade to somebody in the upper bowl. Yeah, I know there are math issues with group sizes and the like but hey they can figure it out. (And yeah, what do you do for those already with lower bowl tickets...I don't have a plan yet.) How about making the guy who doesn't dress entertain up to four lucky fans in the suite they usually hide in?

Those are off the top of my head but I'd take either over some half priced, still overpriced t-shirt.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
I'm not a Kings fan but what they did is probably the best way to give back to a community that endured this lockout. Super classy of that organization. The Ducks don't necessarily have to give ME something but there needs to be more than a message on the ice or a letter from Tim Ryan.

Well.. they could give me a date with the Hooter's girl of my choice... I wouldn't say no to that. So many options! lol

Edit: The players can give back by playing well and showing effort for the entire season... or at least no slow start lol.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm not a Kings fan but what they did is probably the best way to give back to a community that endured this lockout. Super classy of that organization. The Ducks don't necessarily have to give ME something but there needs to be more than a message on the ice or a letter from Tim Ryan.

Well.. they could give me a date with the Hooter's girl of my choice... I wouldn't say no to that. So many options! lol

So are you going to tell us what they did or make us guess?

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
That sounds a lot like business as usual for a team coming off a Stanley Cup. Maybe I'm viewing it wrong but I don't see it as a "win back the fans for screwing them over" move.

Come to think of it... you're probably right. Just a well timed business move after the lockout. Fooled TSN.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Win back fans by winning games. The majority of So Cal patrons are fair weather fans.

Step 1 : WIN
Step 2 : WIN
Step 3 : PROFIT

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Resign the big guns, or trade and tank hard for MacKinnon lol.

Out of the ducks control but free NHL CI is all I want, as I'm a few miles away from Anaheim ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad