How Will Ducks Win Back Fans?

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Hello all,

Anyone have any ideas as to ways that the tema can win us back, say thank you, apologize, etc?

Knowing our GM/Owners, we'll get a free hat on opening night then back to usual.

Anyone hear any rumors or anything?

Ducksgo*

Hello all,

Anyone have any ideas as to ways that the tema can win us back, say thank you, apologize, etc?

Knowing our GM/Owners, we'll get a free hat on opening night then back to usual.

Anyone hear any rumors or anything?

Tampa Bay is selling season tickets for 200 bucks. It boils down to 9 dollars a game. I would LOVE for Anaheim to do something like this.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
56059087_display_image.jpg

Knowing our marketing department, probably this.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Pittsburgh is offering free (limited) concessions for 4 games. And half of everything in the team stores. Not bad.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Oh well. I'm going to the games only because we kept our season tickets. I won't be purchasing anything nor will I be wearing my jersey the first little bit. They're going to have to show me something to have my 100% support.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The samueli's will be giving away orange socks and applesauce vouchers.

Seattle is getting the Kings, maybe they'll want a team.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
My guess is not much. I share season tickets, so we will get to split like $56 interest to be used as a credit for future purchases. Big whoop on that.

We will probably get a few extra "Duck Dollars" for the season ticket holders and maybe a limited time additional discount on products at the team store. Another big whoop. I don't need another jersey, and I generally avoid the concession stands in order to protect my digestive system.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
One word answer. Win. I don't think much else will matter.

In theory this is the correct answer but what more can management do about that? What will Samueli do for being 1/30th of one of the two sides that kept this lockout alive for so long? At least that's what I'm wondering.

The league should offer Gamecenter for free. Or at least a few months of it. I get why center ice can't happen. But we should get GCL. At least discounted.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
In theory this is the correct answer but what more can management do about that? What will Samueli do for being 1/30th of one of the two sides that kept this lockout alive for so long? At least that's what I'm wondering.

The league should offer Gamecenter for free. Or at least a few months of it. I get why center ice can't happen. But we should get GCL. At least discounted.

Well he could begin holding Murray accountable for his mistakes. I doubt that will happen though.

Corey Perry*

It really does feel like this season is not a legitimate season. Not that I think it isn't a legit season, but it just feels a little less special, if you know what I mean.

Whether the Ducks offer special deals or not, they really need to advertise a lot more. Lots of billboards, newspaper ads, website ads, tv commercials, etc. We've been saying this for a while, but it's especially important now to remind the common fan.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Would the team saying 'sorry' really make anyone feel better? I mean come on :laugh:

Winning team pls

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
:laugh:
what's with everyone saying winning team? If management could just will a win out of our team every night we would've gone 82-0 last year. I'm sure that management has done all it thinks it can do to ice a team this year, winning or otherwise.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
:laugh:
what's with everyone saying winning team? If management could just will a win out of our team every night we would've gone 82-0 last year. I'm sure that management has done all it thinks it can do to ice a team this year, winning or otherwise.

To be fair, no one is saying that management can will a win. What at least, I am saying, is that the only real significant way for this team to get fans back, or casual fans at all, is to win. Unless somehow hockey becomes the "it thing to do" in Orange county, or suddenly hockey becomes as easy to play as picking up a bat and ball, the Ducks will never be popular enough to fill the pond with a losing team. Hell, the Angels had a hard time selling tickets last season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To be fair, no one is saying that management can will a win. What at least, I am saying, is that the only real significant way for this team to get fans back, or casual fans at all, is to win. Unless somehow hockey becomes the "it thing to do" in Orange county, or suddenly hockey becomes as easy to play as picking up a bat and ball, the Ducks will never be popular enough to fill the pond with a losing team. Hell, the Angels had a hard time selling tickets last season.

Well I know this to be true. I guess I'm approaching this thread with the mentality of what can ownership physically do to make up for this lockout as a thank you for our patience?

But this Scott Niedermayer assistant coach hiring sure helps :laugh: I'm too excited for this.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Re-sign Getzlaf and Perry.

Honestly, this right here. Even if it costs them a few dollars more than they would prefer, it would be a damn good goodwill gesture to the fans. Much more so than some phony disingenuous promotion. I'm mean is selling a $10 beer for $5 for a few weeks really meaningful?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad