Speculation: How well will the Sharks do this season?

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Yes I agree with Pinkfloyd about Havlat as well. I do think they are in better position to carry on without him this year over last with Wingles and TJ taking on bigger roles with the team. I think TJ is going to surprise a lot of people if he show up in the right mind set.

Thinking about I think this may end up being their best chance. Stacked D, mostly healthy, easy travel over a short season... If they stay healthy and fix the PK a little this will be their best shot at a cup.

I'm interested to see how TJ does this year as well. He has the offensive ability as he put up about 40pts in 70+ games a few years ago. Maybe he can get it figured out.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm interested to see how TJ does this year as well. He has the offensive ability as he put up about 40pts in 70+ games a few years ago. Maybe he can get it figured out.

He was riding unsustainable shooting and riding shotgun with Paul Stastny.

(Reminds me of another winger just traded to the Avs... Hmmm...)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I also believe Stuart will have a great effect on how all the D-men are used as well. 10 games in the sharks blue line will one of the best and deepest in hockey...
I think so too.

Brad-Stuart.jpg

NWShark*

He was riding unsustainable shooting and riding shotgun with Paul Stastny.

(Reminds me of another winger just traded to the Avs... Hmmm...)

I don't buy that. TJ has his own motor whereas McGinn always seemed to need someone to get him going. TJ is also a more complete player who can contribute in all aspects compared to McGinn.

ALso not sure I would rate Stasny with Couture and Big Joe at this point... TJ should do well if hes on the 3rd line playing against another 3rd or shutting down an offensive line.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Always amazes me how some of you come to these conclusions... :shakehead

If the sharks PK even sniffs upper 3rd of the league they are the division winner with a top 5 record in the league. They have a dominant power play that should only get better with new coaches and Burns in his second year here along with hopefully a healthy Havlat and resurgent Demers. The 2nd power play unit will be as good as many teams first. The Kings will be their stiffest competition for the division but they just got healthy and hot at the right time last year. They aren't a better team except in goal. I also believe Stuart will have a great effect on how all the D-men are used as well. 10 games in the sharks blue line will one of the best and deepest in hockey.

If they get hit by as many injuries as last year they will be a 7 seed again.

BTW... I truly hope this is the year that Detroit finally sucks...

This. The difference between the Sharks as a 7th seed and comfortably winning the division again was unprecedented terrible luck last season. Remember that ONE more win would have won the division, let alone the several that were lost to rotten luck.

They should compete for the division again easily. They are still pretty stacked.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Honestly if they miss the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised. Burns looks like he's out to start Demers is out to start. The team hasn't been exposed to the coaches at all. A slow star then just missing is what I foresee.

I think 9th or 10th in the conf. With tons of division games it's going to be hard to beat out St.Louis Chicago Detroit Vancouver and Minnesota since they have some really bad teams in their division but LA good, Anaheim always beats the Sharks, Dallas is weak but plays tough, Pheonix is good.

But, I dunno anything can happen since it's a short season.

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
Coaching will be significantly better me thinks ;)

...and that is the intro to their journey to the Stanley Cup Finals

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
The best record in the league. Why? Because a veteran, unchanging squad (if injuries are minimized) has a clear competitive advantage in a shortened season. Older stars like Thornton, Marleau and Boyle don't get too run down, yet have the experience, discipline and work ethic to perform immediately without a learning curve.

The President's trophy and berth in the Stanley Cup Finals awais the Sharks with only L.A. and Vancouver as true conference rivals this season I expect (Detroit without Lidstrom, Nashville blown up, Edmonton too young).

It's the Year of the Shark.:) Thank you lockout.

PRT2009.jpg

This is what I'm hoping for too...

If anything, our boys have played enough together to have a leg up on the other teams... In addition, we should be fresh....

LETS GO SHARKS

PS:

Disclaimer, I will not be putting any of my $$$ into the NHL this year (including our Sharks), I will be watching when it's free and that is all... Hopefully we get a free center ice package... F U NHL for EFFING with the money I've chosen to give you over the years....

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
I think the Sharks will do surprisingly well. I think the shortened season will be good, especially for veterans like Boyle who may be starting to lose a step.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The best record in the league. Why? Because a veteran, unchanging squad (if injuries are minimized) has a clear competitive advantage in a shortened season. Older stars like Thornton, Marleau and Boyle don't get too run down, yet have the experience, discipline and work ethic to perform immediately without a learning curve.

The President's trophy and berth in the Stanley Cup Finals awais the Sharks with only L.A. and Vancouver as true conference rivals this season I expect (Detroit without Lidstrom, Nashville blown up, Edmonton too young).

It's the Year of the Shark.:) Thank you lockout.

PRT2009.jpg
I called it.;) It's still early, but only 7% of us thought it likely in the poll. Maybe the numbers will rise now...

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
I think we can hit that 10 - 0 start...saw that record on the NHL Network tonight.

Still have a long way to go before then, but our 10th game is against Chicago, which would make it very interesting.

sweHockeypunk21

Jul 24, 2007
CALI
Presidents Trophy. Best top 6 in the league, best defense in the league. Bottom six isn't too shabby either. We got Gomez to fill in holes when someone in our top 6 gets injured. Niemis been playing great, and Griess is one hell of a back up. Solid team head to toe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad