How to UNFUBAR what Blake has done.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Long hard look at what needs to be done to right the ship. We are not going to be a contender but this is how you unf*** what Bluc has done!

-Trade Arvidson 1st rounder 2024
-Trade Roy 1st Rounder 2025
-Trade Fiala 1st rounder 2025 and top tier prospect
-Try and trade Doughty while retaining 3 million
Thinking you can get a 1st and a couple really good prospects hopefully a Goaltender.

Your stuck with PL hopefully you can find a way to make it work because your just not going to ever get value and the buyout isn’t happening.

Your stuck with Kopitars extension but what you do with him can still be fixed. 2nd PP and 1st Penalty kill. You also have to keep his minutes under 17 a game. Whatever line that puts him on it is what it is. That’s a. Respectful role for a player with his age and production. Less is more and he will play better if his ego can manage it.

Byfield-Kopitar-?????
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-PLD-Kaliyev
(Not a Midget)-Helenius-Lizzotte

Anderson-Clarke
Gavrikov-Spence
Movarde-?????

?????/Rittich

You e got some work to do here but you are also developing young guys and get them ice time so hopefully you end up with something. You have to find a goalie and another winger to play with Kopitar. Here is the kicker you’re not trying to win the Stanley cup so who cares. After 2 years and your in a great spot cap wise hopefully your in a position to take a kick at it. Hopefully Byfield can slot into Kopitars 1 center spot and PLD finds it and PD moves to 3 C. You have to hit on the draft picks though. Hopefully Dvorak’s something in a couple years to replace Gavrikov.

I’m ok with watching a roster like this mature make mistakes and get better while not accelerating a rebuild.

These moves put us back to 2/3 of the way through the rebuild with upside and a future!

Any of you guys have a great coach for a team like this? I feel like the retreads are not an option. Maybe we can get someone who can develop youth and play a modern game. Maybe a younger guy. Anyone in the JR ranks?

Reactions: KINGS17

SaltyElkHunter

Apr 24, 2019
Utah
lets be real though, they're gonna ride this into the end of the season and pray for a playoff miracle

blake probably isn't gonna be allowed to go get any rentals but he will lose his job at the end of the season if they don't make it in
But what would you do to fix it if you had the job starting… NOW!

Lol

I personally just have gotten tired of bitching and thought it was something different to try and “do better.”

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1708059339952.jpeg

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Long hard look at what needs to be done to right the ship. We are not going to be a contender but this is how you unf*** what Bluc has done!

Thinking you can get a 1st and a couple really good prospects hopefully a Goaltender.

Your stuck with PL hopefully you can find a way to make it work because your just not going to ever get value and the buyout isn’t happening.

Your stuck with Kopitars extension but what you do with him can still be fixed. 2nd PP and 1st Penalty kill. You also have to keep his minutes under 17 a game. Whatever line that puts him on it is what it is. That’s a. Respectful role for a player with his age and production. Less is more and he will play better if his ego can manage it.

Byfield-Kopitar-?????
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-PLD-Kaliyev

Anderson-Clarke
Gavrikov-Spence
Movarde-?????

?????/Rittich

You e got some work to do here but you are also developing young guys and get them ice time so hopefully you end up with something. You have to find a goalie and another winger to play with Kopitar. Here is the kicker you’re not trying to win the Stanley cup so who cares. After 2 years and your in a great spot cap wise hopefully your in a position to take a kick at it. Hopefully Byfield can slot into Kopitars 1 center spot and PLD finds it and PD moves to 3 C. You have to hit on the draft picks though. Hopefully Dvorak’s something in a couple years to replace Gavrikov.

I’m ok with watching a roster like this mature make mistakes and get better while not accelerating a rebuild.

These moves put us back to 2/3 of the way through the rebuild with upside and a future!

Any of you guys have a great coach for a team like this? I feel like the retreads are not an option. Maybe we can get someone who can develop youth and play a modern game. Maybe a younger guy. Anyone in the JR ranks?
I make a chart w the 4 lines 3 d-pairs fill in with guys i want to keep

For me its: line 1. x, QB, x
line 2. Moore, x, Kempe (keeping these 2 temporarily on cheep contracts)
line 3. Laf, Turc, Kaliyev
line 4. x, Hellenius, x

pair 1. x, Clarke
pair 2. Ando, Spence
pair 3. x, x

goalies x, (maybe Portillo)

Everyone else is traded or bought out.. In the trades im looking to fill those x's. Will move guys from line 3 up to 2 as they warrant. Will trade Moore and Kempe when there is enough talent to replace them.

My captain is Byfield.. assistants are Laf and Turc. This team is going to be owned by the youth.

This should generate a lottery pick for a couple of seasons follwed by emergence around the same time as the Ducks while the rest of the pacific will be on the decline.

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
You start by buying out PLD before his extension kicks in. Then it's a long 40 years in the desert.

Or you keep him and become a black hole for 5-8 years, and then spend 40 years in the desert.

But honestly, you do the former and hope and pray that somehow the Kings are ready to contend when Byfield and Clarke are in their prime and on under-market deals. It's pretty unlikely, but represents the best case scenario.

In the meantime, sell, sell, sell.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I make a chart w the 4 lines 3 d-pairs fill in with guys i want to keep

For me its: line 1. x, QB, x
line 2. Moore, x, Kempe (keeping these 2 temporarily on cheep contracts)
line 3. Laf, Turc, Kaliyev
line 4. x, Hellenius, x

pair 1. x, Clarke
pair 2. Ando, Spence
pair 3. x, x

goalies x, (maybe Portillo)

Everyone else is traded or bought out.. In the trades im looking to fill those x's. Will move guys from line 3 up to 2 as they warrant. Will trade Moore and Kempe when there is enough talent to replace them.

My captain is Byfield.. assistants are Laf and Turc. This team is going to be owned by the youth.

This should generate a lottery pick for a couple of seasons follwed by emergence around the same time as the Ducks while the rest of the pacific will be on the decline.

And AEG will be making a $1.87 in revenues with that line up. They let DL do a complete tear down years ago, they'll never let another one happen again. The rosters moves over the last few years says it all.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
The PLD & Fiala contracts hint at one thing- AEG is not interested in doing another proper, full teardown rebuild anytime soon.

There is no sense or point in doing a half ass job at something like this.

But I love the enthusiasm for a rebuild. For AEG to change their minds I believe it would have to become as plain as day like it did in 2019, after the season was well underway and too late.

Always too late. So they will have to miss the playoffs this season, and next season all the while trying to make the playoffs and making moves to make the playoffs before there would be any hope of doing a proper, full teardown rebuild.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Don't need to do anything,

Problem isn't necessarily the team, it's fan's grasps of reality,

This team isn't going to rebuild, I broke it down in another thread, their three oldest non goaltendering players are Kopitar, Doughty, Danault, you have pending UFA's in Roy, Arvidsson,

Game is evolving where C,RW,LW only means anything on faceoffs, so you keep Byfield with Kopitar, you use pairs,

Kopitar - Byfield
Danualt - Moore
Dubois - Fiala
Turcotte - XXXX (big, mean, nasty SOB, who...can skate, doesn't have to shoot well, doesn't have to handle the puck, has to skate, and hit) ideally you pickup 2 of these,

Then you plug and play Kempe, Kaliyev, Laferriere etc,

You look at bringing in a goaltender, if it's elite you have to look at moving a 1st plus....plus salary to fit them in, and you have a strong team, you look at a coach like Berube...and off you go

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Don't need to anything
In the same post.you said these two statements
You look at bringing in a goaltender, if it's elite you have to look at moving a 1st plus....plus salary to fit them in, and you have a strong team, you look at a coach like Berube...and off you go
So yeah something needs to be done.
They blew their wad on PLD instead of addressing their most pressing need which you do agree needs to be addressed.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
In the same post.you said these two statements

So yeah something needs to be done.
They blew their wad on PLD instead of addressing their most pressing need which you do agree needs to be addressed.

Should have added drastic lol.....but yea....I figured that was obvious,

Nothing DRASTIC needs to be done....

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Should have added drastic lol.....but yea....I figured that was obvious,

Nothing DRASTIC needs to be done....
I am assume that you are talking about the present. Look at the future. This offseason, there is $22,461,667 of cap space.
Roy, Arvidsson, and to a lesser extent, Lewis are UFAs
Byfield, Kaliyev, Turcotte, and Spence are RFAs and Byfield is due a hefty raise. (let's assume that Stutzle is used as a comparable and that he is due 8,350,000)

So... you have $14,111,667 to spend this offseason with 0 goalies under contract and Copely who is 32 and had ACL surgery. What do you do this offseason GBH?

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGS17

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I am assume that you are talking about the present. Look at the future. This offseason, there is $22,461,667 of cap space.
Roy, Arvidsson, and to a lesser extent, Lewis are UFAs
Byfield, Kaliyev, Turcotte, and Spence are RFAs and Byfield is due a hefty raise. (let's assume that Stutzle is used as a comparable and that he is due 8,350,000)

So... you have $14,111,667 to spend this offseason with 1 goalie under contract (Copely) who is 32 and had ACL surgery. What do you do this offseason GBH?

Shorthand as I'm on phone, let Roy, Arvidsson, Lewis walk, replace with Spence, Laf, Kaliyev.

Suss out G market via trade or FA, don't sign one for more than 3 years,

Hire Tortarella away from PHI etc

That's it really

If you ask me who on G I'll have to respond later

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Shorthand as I'm on phone, let Roy, Arvidsson, Lewis walk, replace with Spence, Laf, Kaliyev.

That's it really

LOL. I am interested in your full strategy when you have time to respond.

Let's start with the coach, you want to hire a coach that is under contract with another org for 2 more season? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
While letting two valuable assets walk for no compensation

Here are the UFA goalies that you are only willing to give 3 years to. Who do you think is gonna sign for 3 or less years on this list?, especially considering the quality and age of the goalies on this list)

Now if you want to go the trade route, you have to give up assets. These are our draft picks, note that the 2nd, 3rd and 5th are already gone
1708102622789.png

Are you trading Clarke? Which asset are you going to give up for a goalie?

Attachments

• 1708102424734.png
    1708102424734.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
LOL. I am interested in your full strategy when you have time to respond.

Let's start with the coach, you want to hire a coach that is under contract with another org for 2 more season? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
While letting two valuable assets walk for no compensation

Here are the UFA goalies that you are only willing to give 3 years to. Who do you think is gonna sign for 3 or less years on this list?, especially considering the quality and age of the goalies on this list)

View attachment 820836

More type of coach than actual,but yea will respond more in depth tonight if I can or tomorrow

SaltyElkHunter

Apr 24, 2019
Utah

That's it really

Torts? Bahahahaha you really want to break PLD!

Reactions: Lt Dan

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

Byfield-Kopitar-?????
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-PLD-Kaliyev

Anderson-Clarke
Gavrikov-Spence
Movarde-?????

?????/Rittich

if I would be in control

first order of business is fire the dude handling our LA social media account, it's become more about LGBTQ rights posing as a hockey account more than anything. We need the culture to be all about hockey.

second, i would catapult every single Blake hire into the ocean. Literally, i would use funds to create some kind of a steel made solid foundation catapult and tie each one of them one by one and flip them into the waters. Hopefully they can swim. (Some of the money will be made back by selling tickets to the event for those interested)

third, i gotta have DL back in some capacity, he's a solid lawyer, i will need him. Especially after the catapult incident.

fourth, hopefully I can trade PLD (with $1.5m retained) 7yrs $7m, if not, absolute buyout

fifth: rearrange my centers as such: 1-Byfield 2-Kopitar 3-Danault

sixth: ???Brock freakin Faber??? 🤔🤔

seventh: successsssss

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
unfortunately, i dont think this mess is repairable. the rebuild that was never done has to be accomplished. again unfortunately, the nuclear blast of change that has to happen will leave us screwed for some seasons. its my feeling that the players we have are too small, not physical enough and are too poor defensively to run the present system. they have no bite.the leauge doesnt want defense first teams. they want the harlem f***ing globetrotters. trade our present assets for draft choices and rebuild through the draft aquiring a few good citizens that can show the kids what it is to be an pro player. again this should have been 6or so yrs ago.
the present management seems to be laboring under the impression that a team can have a defense first philosophy but still be showy, fast and high scoring. as our president luc robitaille has said he wants a more soccer like atmosphere. i dont think that top to bottom, the present management has the chops to do what needs to be done. they have accomplished thier goal of rigging a a heirarchy that doesnt allow for dissent or critical opinion but they have maintained a nice retirement postion and paycheck which has been their true goall all along.
if like me, you're not wanting participation awards, but viable runs at championships its going to take quite a while.
If ya just want to be in the playoffs thats good enough i guess. Id rather spend my time watching a team thats hitting on all cylinders and competes REALISTICALLY with the rest of the nhl.
Not just bitching- ti me this is what it will take

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
unfortunately, i dont think this mess is repairable. the rebuild that was never done has to be accomplished. again unfortunately, the nuclear blast of change that has to happen will leave us screwed for some seasons. its my feeling that the players we have are too small, not physical enough and are too poor defensively to run the present system. they have no bite.the leauge doesnt want defense first teams. they want the harlem f***ing globetrotters. trade our present assets for draft choices and rebuild through the draft aquiring a few good citizens that can show the kids what it is to be an pro player. again this should have been 6or so yrs ago.
the present management seems to be laboring under the impression that a team can have a defense first philosophy but still be showy, fast and high scoring. as our president luc robitaille has said he wants a more soccer like atmosphere. i dont think that top to bottom, the present management has the chops to do what needs to be done. they have accomplished thier goal of rigging a a heirarchy that doesnt allow for dissent or critical opinion but they have maintained a nice retirement postion and paycheck which has been their true goall all along.
if like me, you're not wanting participation awards, but viable runs at championships its going to take quite a while.
good win last night, GO KINGS!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

So the team that has been in the top defensive categories the past 2-3 years can't play defense now.....that's an interesting take....

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
So the team that has been in the top defensive categories the past 2-3 years can't play defense now.....that's an interesting take....
This team can’t hold onto leads. When you give up goals is critical. The championship teams from a decade ago knew how to lock it down when they were ahead. Simply looking at total goals against doesn’t paint the full picture.

Reactions: chris kontos

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not sure how i feel about the OP post, but I like that Kopitar is still here. I think it would be a net positive for the club.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The defense has no bite. We have too many of the same kind of players. The goaltending is ignored as a prerequisite to building a defense first team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad