How to measure a GM's stats?

ArthurNHL

Nov 12, 2017
I would like you to give insights into how to measure a GM's stats, in other words success, in the NHL? What is worth counting, against what, in what time span and so on. Why is there no "GM stats" on nhl.com website? Is the GM's piece of work not countable? Please give your thoughts on this. Winning Stanley Cups is comprised of much more than just big wins and drafting lucky.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Stanley cups.
michael-scott-wink.gif

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Ratio of team drafted and developed players (in games played/scoring stats at NHL level) compared to trades/FAs? Or weighting for each category (draftees/trades/FAs)?

I'm always impressed by other fantasy sports owners who win a league with the lowest # of transactions stats...

ArthurNHL

Nov 12, 2017
Ratio of team drafted and developed players (in games played/scoring stats at NHL level) compared to trades/FAs? Or weighting for each category (draftees/trades/FAs)?

I'm always impressed by other fantasy sports owners who win a league with the lowest # of transactions stats...

This is a very good insight, a GM has his or her fingers all over these. We can count out the impact of media or coaches since it's the GM's decision in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad