How to become more highly regarded than Eddie Shore?

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
My point were that Lidstrom has always been behind either because of people being the best of the best ie. Gretzky and Lemieux or because biased sports writers who favoured american or canadian players. Just look at Hockey News top 100 all-time players. It's embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure the list was made in 1998. Lidstrom had no argument whatsoever for being a Top 100 player at that time.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
I'm pretty sure the list was made in 1998. Lidstrom had no argument whatsoever for being a Top 100 player at that time.

Is that what you are reacting to? I were shocked and apphauled by that list. 100 players and no russians except for canadian born in Russia. It's laughable that so late as in 98 it was still that biased towards Europeans.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is that what you are reacting to? I were shocked and apphauled by that list. 100 players and no russians except for canadian born in Russia. It's laughable that so late as in 98 it was still that biased towards Europeans.

It was a Top-100 NHL players list, so it makes lots of sense to have no russian on that one.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
..at that time, actually.

So Lindros as #54 but no Fedorov who won a Hart, Selke x2, Lester, Stanley cup etc. doesnt seem odd? Well I guess a canadian with a hart>Russian with several trophies and a cup :sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So Lindros as #54 but no Fedorov who won a Hart, Selke x2, Lester, Stanley cup etc. doesnt seem odd? Well I guess a canadian with a hart>Russian with several trophies and a cup :sarcasm:

Hey, blame them, not me!

joe_shannon_1983*

The list was actually made in January 1997, to celebrate THN's 50th Anniversary.

So at the time, Fedorov didn't have any Stanley Cups yet.

So basically, it was Lindros' Hart vs. Fedorov's Hart.

As of 1997, Lindros was probably the superior all-time player. Wasn't Lindros' career PPG as of 1997 something crazy? Like better than everyone else in NHL history except Gretzky, Lemieux, and Bossy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad