How to add excitement to watching games live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
How about banning phones while you're in your seat?

Let me get this straight, technology is destroying the atmosphere at the games.

If you need to make a phone call or text message, you would have to go out in the hallway and do so. If the rule is broken, then there would be some sort of punishment but haven't thought what it would be.

Thoughts?

Dude, it's a hockey game - not a court room.

:laugh:

What even made you think this was a good idea?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
As someone who regularly goes to Bruins games, is a fan of the game, and watches the game with the phone on his lap...NO.

First, getting up to go to the concourse to text? Nuh-uh. At the Garden, the seats in the balcony can be up to 23, 24 long. That means if you're unlucky, you could **** off 11 strangers to leave. And if you think people who use phones inappropriately are going to know to "wait for the whistle" (which IS one of my big pet peeves)....

Secondly, why do I have my phone on my lap? The Garden doesn't show players on ice/TOI on the jumbotron. I also don't always have a perfect view of the tunnels, and I don't want to bother to count the 15 players on the bench to see if someone's gone down the tunnels, or is resting comfortably until his next shift. That's what hockey Twitter is made for.

Hell, the Garden literally promotes cell phone usage, telling people to enter various contests like picking who gets the first goal, or tweeting your seat location for a chance to ride the zamb^D^D^D^D ice resurfacer.

I keep the phone low and look down at it. I'm not standing up and taking selfies during the action, blocking the people behind me. I'm not talking obnoxiously to a friend about plans for tomorrow. Yes, I might text a friend a picture of Chara that I took a few minutes ago at warmups during the game. I might even do it during the action. I love hockey, but there are some moments where there's not a ton that's going to be happening. I can watch the game and mash my keyboard, and then look down for 400 milliseconds to correct it.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I was hoping that this would die the death that it deserved, but it got bumped.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad