News Article: How the Kings Can Best Use Nick Shore

Captain Mittens*

“*****ing about ice time.â€

What do you guys think Sutter is saying here that got caught by the profanity filter?

Do you think he is saying “*****ing about ice time ? Or “*****ing about ice time?

I think it's the latter.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
You forgot "*****ing about ice time".

Can't imagine Shore is going to center Brown and Williams, I'm guessing he ends up as fourth line center.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Given how often Sutter used Shore in the preseason, I think him and his staff probably felt that he's closer to the NHL than anyone else, and he probably would have made the opening night roster had it not been for Andreoff no longer being waiver exempt.

And given how Sutter compared Shore's progression to that of Pearson and Toffoli, I'm going to guess that Shore will be given a fair opportunity to stick with the Kings for the rest of the season.

If Shore sticks around, perhaps it'll accelerate Lombardi's plans to move (or let walk) one of his two elder centers in Stoll or Richards.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Drew Shore, Nick's older brother, just got called up to his new team, the Calgary Flames. The Kings play the Flames on Monday. What are the odds Nick is in the line-up Monday night against his brother? That would be one for the family to attend.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Given how often Sutter used Shore in the preseason, I think him and his staff probably felt that he's closer to the NHL than anyone else, and he probably would have made the opening night roster had it not been for Andreoff no longer being waiver exempt.

And given how Sutter compared Shore's progression to that of Pearson and Toffoli, I'm going to guess that Shore will be given a fair opportunity to stick with the Kings for the rest of the season.

If Shore sticks around, perhaps it'll accelerate Lombardi's plans to move (or let walk) one of his two elder centers in Stoll or Richards.

I agree, this is exactly what I think happened, and I've stated this all before. But DL has to protect assets, and he's very patient about doing so. So, DL waited for the injuries. He knows they might happen, and always seem to come along. So, he'll not expose players to waivers. They have the same line of thinking at the start of the year about McNabb.

Also, Shore has played a lot of hockey at different levels of high competition in his career. NTDP, College, AHL. He's ready!! I think he might start him at fourth line! But I think he will creep him up further to the second C. I do think this is the plan. They did move Carter to wing just like I thought they would. I think DS is giving Richards, Stoll, and Andreoff (as a Center), the oppurtunity first against Toronto to be the 2C. Shore needs to be a top 6 player, and has to play C. It's just that simple.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
makes sense at first to put him with andreoff. they are familiar as the article says and also they recently played in manchester when andreoff was reassigned for conditioning and they showed good chemistry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad