News Article: How the Florida Panthers built a Defensive Juggernaut for Cheap -Eric Schmacher

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Great and insanely in-depth article breaking down our defensive strategy and how its present in all 200 feet of ice. It's a long read but a fascinating one. Nice to see something like this about our group.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
crazy how it went from cardiac cats high scoring no defense to being top 4 in defense in a few short years.

Lots of great info in that article

Difference between Maurice and Brunette/Q’s systems.

Last year was a struggle until the 2nd half of the season and playoffs, but now Zito brought in the correct personnel to fit Mo’s style and everyone is buying in.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Monty is still great at launching the break-in on the PP and keep pucks in the zone when we are on the PP.
Everything else? Meh. No luck with his shooting when he actually hits the net.

Gus is like a Swiss clock
His numbers definitely don't reflect his play as I think he's been almost as effective as last year but it will help with negotiations. I could see Forsling asking for $7 Million and Monty in the $5.5 Million range.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What a great read.

Forsling's contract just jumped up to like 18 million lmao
Nah not that much, the article just told me that #16 is not only improving his O line, he’s also the key to his D-players…

IOW, Forsling needs to give every dollar above $8M/year to Barky LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Gentle Man

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
crazy how it went from cardiac cats high scoring no defense to being top 4 in defense in a few short years.

Lots of great info in that article
I wouldn't say that it is complete change of style. More like natural evolution. Team has always valued puck posession and build their game around it in Zito era.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I wouldn't say that it is complete change of style. More like natural evolution. Team has always valued puck posession and build their game around it in Zito era.
Eh. The coach matters here. Q was about speed and pace then possession once we enter. Bruno just continued it. The stretch pass and carry in was key.

Our pace has slowed down under PoMo for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad