How satisfied would you be if the Coyotes win their 1st cup?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
At the risk of jinxing whatever chance the Coyotes get a shot at the cup in the future of course, I had to ask this question.

Would you be satisfied for the short term the moment the cup is won regardless if it's their 1st cup, 2nd cup, 3rd cup, etc but will be never truly satisfied overall for the rest of your life no matter how many cups are won?

Or perhaps the other extreme where you don't care if the team gets relocated in the future as long you got to experience 1 cup win?

Or are you somewhere in between? Or something else? Say, "While having a cup is nice, I care more for the team to stay and be a healthy business"?

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
I'd honestly rather have the team win a cup, then relocate elsewhere, than stay here the duration of my life and never win the cup. The Cup is what it's all about. Just win.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Winning a cup is a memory that would last a lifetime and I would cherish forever. The more the merrier of course, but in a pro league with this much parity, nothing else matters. Completely agree with howlincoyote that I would rather see the team win a cup and relocate later than stay my entire life and never win one.

International sports can be a different story, especially if you're a fan of a minnow. The USA isn't really a minnow in any sports I watch except rugby. So to speak for rugby, I realize that winning a world cup for the USA is probably never going to happen in my life so I have different expectations for the team. If we pulled off a huge upset, say, over New Zealand, that's the kind of memory I'd still remember like it was yesterday decades later.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I'd be happy with one or more. That would be awesome and a really good feeling. Arizona winning the cup would shut up all the traditionalist saying that hockey doesn't belong here

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Arizona winning the cup would shut up all the traditionalist saying that hockey doesn't belong here

No it wouldn't - they'd be busy working out complex algorithms to prove that the sellout crowds were comprised of 75% opposing fans and they'd be counting attendance numbers for every game following to show that our fans only show up for big games. :sarcasm:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
No it wouldn't - they'd be busy working out complex algorithms to prove that the sellout crowds were comprised of 75% opposing fans and they'd be counting attendance numbers for every game following to show that our fans only show up for big games. :sarcasm:

^ This.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I guess I'm the minority but I'd prefer the security of the yotes never leaving than a cup and them going.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
Outside the box, dunno, but pro hockey belongs in Phoenix, and winning consistently is the thing, big Stanley or not. The HOPE of getting the big prize MUST be there, year after year. Winning it all is a bugger....all the sweeter when you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad