How reliable are deco paint pens for autographed pucks?

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
So i'm not a huge autograph guy but decided to get one by my all time favorite player, Alex Ovechkin. Here is what the autograph looks like

Alex Ovechkin Washington Capitals Fanatics Authentic 2018 Stanley Cup Champions Autographed Stanley Cup Champions Logo Hockey Puck

Figured the autograph would be signed in sliver sharpie. Until then i got a uv resistant puck case from steiner. Got my puck today and was wrong with the whole silver sharpie thing. It appears to be signed in a light blue ink, whick i'm guessing is daco and not sharpie. Any hockey fans who collect who delt with deco paint pens before. What is quality? Does it chip off like paint and need to be careful or do i only need to worry about abot sunlight

Last edited:

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Bump. Anyone? If no one has an answer thats fine. I didn't see a memorabilia thread so i put it on here. I figured there would be a few collectors who know something.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
In theory you should be good. They are water proof and shouldn’t bleach when subjected to light. Basically you’d need turpentine to shift it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad