How much do this years RFA class make?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Here is the real question, which RFA signs first next year and will it set bar for the others?

For example, if Rantanen finishes the year and wins the Art Ross, then signs a deal for 10 million x 8 years, does that set the ceiling for others or gone are the days of comparables?
Comparables are still huge. It will definitely be an interesting off season. Matthews/Marner will factor in aswell. Also Rantanen and Laine have the same agent, both are RFA

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
That's for Nylander, Matthews and Marner. Btw = 8+10+6.7=24.7m.. i'm low balling. If cap goes up 4m they have 13.6m. that's with me being generous with the contracts. Kapanen is a RFA, Gardiner is a UFA. They need to fill a whole bottom line and a whole bottom pairing. So it's doable, but this season is easily their best chance at winning

Gardiner will walk for sure, just like JVR, Bozak and Komorov and we'll keep on keeping on. Such is life in the cap world. I agree that this year provides the highest win:cap space ratio.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Obviously I wouldn't prefer that. I'm just curious as to why you think he's worth 2m more.

That's what the market dictates. Matthews isn't getting less than Eichel and Rantanen isn't getting Patrick Kane money. So one players floor is the others ceiling as far as salary goes. I'm assuming Matthews makes above his floor and Rantanen below his ceiling and the difference ends up being around 2M.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
That's what the market dictates. Matthews isn't getting less than Eichel and Rantanen isn't getting Patrick Kane money. So one players floor is the others ceiling as far as salary goes. I'm assuming Matthews makes above his floor and Rantanen below his ceiling and the difference ends up being around 2M.

That's what the market dictates? You pick an arbitrary player and Rantanen can't make more money than him? Rantanen has out performed Matthews for 100+ games now.

Your reasoning makes no sense.

Reactions: shortfuze

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
That's what the market dictates? You pick an arbitrary player and Rantanen can't make more money than him? Rantanen has out performed Matthews for 100+ games now.

Your reasoning makes no sense.

Patrick Kane is the highest paid winger in the league, his contract is entirely UFA years and he was significantly more accomplished when he signed it than Rantanen is today. Not an arbitrary pick, but the upper limit for what a winger in the NHL can currently make.

Points scored relative to Matthews over the last 100 games is entirely irrelevant when determining what Rantanen's next contract will be. So I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Patrick Kane is the highest paid winger in the league, his contract is entirely UFA years and he was significantly more accomplished when he signed it than Rantanen is today. Not an arbitrary pick, but the upper limit for what a winger in the NHL can currently make.

Points scored relative to Matthews over the last 100 games is entirely irrelevant when determining what Rantanen's next contract will be. So I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.
I'm bringing it up because you mentioned Matthews and Rantanen in your post. Kane signed that contract 4 years ago when the cap was 10m lower than it is now.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I'm bringing it up because you mentioned Matthews and Rantanen in your post. Kane signed that contract 4 years ago when the cap was 10m lower than it is now.

Auston Matthews -or any other pending RFA coming off an ELC- has no relevance on Rantanen's contract negotiations as he is not under contract for next year. No agent brings an unknown variable to a contract negotiation.

Benn and Kucherov have signed since and neither exceeded the value of the Kane contract. If Joe Sakic wants to make Rantanen the highest paid winger in the game he can. He needn't sign his player to an unprecedented contract though and I doubt he will.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
If anything else it might make for a fun bump when it's all done. Theres a lot of top RFAs this year who need contracts. What do you think they'll make?

Winnipeg Jets
Laine
Connor
Trouba

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matthews
Marner

Colorado Avalanche
Rantanen

Tampa Bay Lightning
Point

Carolina Hurricanes
Aho

Calgary Flames
Thachuk

And theres also a few other as well

Provorov
Werenski
McAvoy
Boeser
Meier

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Winnipeg Jets
Laine - 8 x 11
Connor - 6 x 6.5
Trouba - 7 x 7.25

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matthews - 8 x 12
Marner - 8 x 9.5

Colorado Avalanche
Rantanen - 8 x 9.75

Tampa Bay Lightning
Point - 8 x 9.5

Carolina Hurricanes
Aho - 8 x 8.5

Calgary Flames
Tkachuk - 6 x 7.5

Provorov - 6 x 7
Werenski - 6 x 6.75
McAvoy - 8 x 7.75
Boeser - 6 x 7
Meier - 6 x 5.75

Reactions: sessiroth

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
Matthews 10,5-11 *6
Rantanen 9,5-10 *7
Aho 7,5-8,5 *8
Laine 9-10 *6

Edit:
Laine 6,5-8 millions, if he wants bridge.

Hollowmoon

Jul 23, 2018
Winnipeg Jets
Laine 7 x 12
Connor 6 x 7
Trouba 7 x 6,5

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matthews 8 x 12
Marner 8 x 9

Colorado Avalanche
Rantanen 7 x 10

Tampa Bay Lightning
Point 7 x 7,5

Carolina Hurricanes
Aho 7 x 7,25

Calgary Flames
Thachuk 6 x 6,75

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Rantanen is getting 10 million minimum. I know the Avalanche don't like anybody to make more than Duchene at 6M, but the cap goes up. 10M x 8 years at this point would be a good contract for him. Always go 8 years with stars. As amazing as MacKinnon's contract is, I'm sure the Avalanche probably wouldn't mind having bumped it up to 7M at the time to get to the 8 year mark.

Depending on where the cap lands, I could see Tkachuk getting 6 years 7.5M give or take a few 100k. Basically, the same contract as Gaudreau when expressed as a cap hit percentage.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I see Point taking a bridge but he’s good enough to command a lot on a bridge.

3 years at 6.5-7 per then he cashes in for 10 per on an 8 year deal afterward

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Winnipeg Jets
Laine - 8 x 11
Connor - 6 x 6.5
Trouba - 7 x 7.25

Toronto Maple Leafs
Matthews - 8 x 12
Marner - 8 x 9.5

Colorado Avalanche
Rantanen - 8 x 9.75

Tampa Bay Lightning
Point - 8 x 9.5

Carolina Hurricanes
Aho - 8 x 8.5

Calgary Flames
Tkachuk - 6 x 7.5

Provorov - 6 x 7
Werenski - 6 x 6.75
McAvoy - 8 x 7.75
Boeser - 6 x 7
Meier - 6 x 5.75

I like all of these predictions as I think theyre very accurate. I just think Kyle Connor is gonna make 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: