Speculation: How many trades this offseason

How many non pick trades will the sharks make this off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
I'm assuming the poll isn't counting trades to move up/down in the draft that just involve picks, since that is nearly impossible to predict. Anyways, DW has said he wants 2 goalies, a 2nd round pick, and a 3C. That's likely at least two trades, likely three with one goalie and/or the 3C being a FA signing. On the other hand, last year he said he was going to use one of the picks in last year's draft to make a trade, and that did not happen.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I'm assuming the poll isn't counting trades to move up/down in the draft that just involve picks, since that is nearly impossible to predict. Anyways, DW has said he wants 2 goalies, a 2nd round pick, and a 3C. That's likely at least two trades, likely three with one goalie and/or the 3C being a FA signing. On the other hand, last year he said he was going to use one of the picks in last year's draft to make a trade, and that did not happen.
That’s why I thought it might be interesting. He said one thing but with the rumours of guys like Labanc or Kane it could be more, or he’s full of it again and it’s almost 0.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I said 4 but was thinking picks only trades don't count for this. Has to involve a player or at least prospect.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Woops totally didn’t read the poll questions properly before picking.

Certainly not 8+ like I picked, I’ll say 2 or less

DisbeliefInDW

May 12, 2021
Yea there should've been a 0 option. I think the likelihood of him making 0 NHL trades is greater than him making 2 or more.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I also said 4. Im gonna say Simek, a minor leaguer swap and then a mystery deal

I think Labanc is a goner especially in light of DW talking about adding multiple forwards now. If they can get two 2nd round picks for him to replace the ones lost in the Karlsson and Hill deals I think they would take it.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think Labanc is a goner especially in light of DW talking about adding multiple forwards now. If they can get two 2nd round picks for him to replace the ones lost in the Karlsson and Hill deals I think they would take it.
I sure hope not. Id probably rather we move Kane. Labanc is actually somewhat young

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
2 ahl players and picks is not an nhl trade.
In what world is a goalie with 41 NHL starts an AHL player (especially when said goalie started 35% of his team's games last year and was not once sent to the minors aside from a conditioning loan)? It's like you hate everything about the Sharks so much that you just utter nonsense to be mad/cynical about something.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
In what world is a goalie with 41 NHL starts an AHL player (especially when said goalie started 35% of his team's games last year and was not once sent to the minors aside from a conditioning loan)? It's like you hate everything about the Sharks so much that you just utter nonsense to be mad/cynical about something.

Considering those 41 games came over a span of 4 seasons in which he spent more time in the ahl for 3 of them, then he did in the nhl.

And the only reason he got time in the nhl this year is because the starting goalie and backup goalie both got hurt at the same time forcing them to go with there 3rd and 4th string goaltenders. If that does not scream ahl goalie then good with with thinking this is progress.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Considering those 41 games came over a span of 4 seasons in which he spent more time in the ahl for 3 of them, then he did in the nhl.

And the only reason he got time in the nhl this year is because the starting goalie and backup goalie both got hurt at the same time forcing them to go with there 3rd and 4th string goaltenders. If that does not scream ahl goalie then good with with thinking this is progress.

It's almost like he was a young goalie who is now trending towards becoming a fringe NHL starter/backup o_O

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

He played 19 games in the NHL in 2021 and 2 in the AHL (on a conditioning loan rather than a demotion). So not sure how that characterizes him as an AHL goalie since he barely even played in the AHl this year. Does that make him a "no league goalie" then under your nonsensical logic? This is one of the dumbest hills I have ever seen someone try to die on for sake of being a cynic about a team they claim to support. Just absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad