How Many Times Will Staal Be Healthy Scratched in 2023-2024?

How many times will Staal be healthy scratched in 2023-2024

• 0 games

• 1-5 games

• 6-10 games

• 11-20 games

• 21+ games

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yandle was a selfish pig who wanted that Iron Man record above everything else. Chuckie went along with it.
Staal isn’t in that category. He’s made his money. He’s looking for an avenue to stay in the game as a coach or nab a position in management. In the next 12-15 games he shows that he’s cooked, I think that he’ll quit and join either Tortorella’s or Briere’s staff. There’s no reason for him to embarrass himself.

I'd be shocked if this happens

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Staal has made $57.6M during his career. He’s created his legacy as a player. Why would he want to be known as another Yandle who overstayed his welcome? One would hope that he had more pride than that.
When was the last long term player that retired mid season with no injury? You are living in a fantasy land.

How f***ing sad is it that 2 games into the season, we are even discussing it. We all know he sucks. But Flyers Mgt....couldn't believe their good fortune that he wanted to come to Philly.

What a new era.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yandle was a selfish pig who wanted that Iron Man record above everything else. Chuckie went along with it.
Staal isn’t in that category. He’s made his money. He’s looking for an avenue to stay in the game as a coach or nab a position in management. In the next 12-15 games he shows that he’s cooked, I think that he’ll quit and join either Tortorella’s or Briere’s staff. There’s no reason for him to embarrass himself.
Not gonna happen. He's here for the season

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Everyone knew Yandle was washed and shouldn’t play early on. The team simply put itself in an untenable position guaranteeing (behind the scenes) he’d get his record. He even got his record, and it was a big f***ing stink when he got sat.

HockeyGuys knows when an offensive defenseman is done in this league. Especially one like Yandle who telegraphs his lack of effort. The same is absolutely not true for defensive defenseman. Staal has sucked for years. And yet, you have the current President waxing poetic about Staal as the secret sauce behind Florida’s Cup Finals run a few months ago. No one in the organization thinks he’s cooked. No one will think he’s cooked so long as he looks like he’s breathing heavy and trying hard. And surely, Staal does not think he’s cooked.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Imagine having to choose between Staal and Risto.. Like choosing between a broken leg or arm.
Depends. I feel like there’s a clear choice between a broken leg and arm. Not sure I feel the same way about Staal and Risto, as watching both makes me feel like I have a broken brain.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
When was the last long term player that retired mid season with no injury? You are living in a fantasy land.

How f***ing sad is it that 2 games into the season, we are even discussing it. We all know he sucks. But Flyers Mgt....couldn't believe their good fortune that he wanted to come to Philly.

What a new era.
Mikko Koivu retired in 2021 after 7 games. I agree it’s rare, though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

What a new era.

Mikko Koivu retired in 2021 after 7 games. I agree it’s rare, though.
I don’t think it’s as rare as people think. Brodeur, Brett Hull, Jagr, Andreychuk are others I can think of so, I’m sure there’s a few more.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
HockeyGuys knows when an offensive defenseman is done in this league. Especially one like Yandle who telegraphs his lack of effort. The same is absolutely not true for defensive defenseman. Staal has sucked for years. And yet, you have the current President waxing poetic about Staal as the secret sauce behind Florida’s Cup Finals run a few months ago. No one in the organization thinks he’s cooked. No one will think he’s cooked so long as he looks like he’s breathing heavy and trying hard. And surely, Staal does not think he’s cooked.
In fairness, Staal was a warrior for the Panthers in the face of the Knights' relentless, heavy forecheck. He took a pounding but did get burned by speed.

I said 6-10, but for the sake of the inadvertent tank I hope he plays every night.

Both Staal and Walker should be tradeable at the deadline, if Danny is sharp. Somebody will need/want some depth on D.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hagg flashbacks

I'm guessing a maximum of 2 people on this site will get the reference, but my immediate thought:
Experience Bij.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad