How many teams have 1C, 1D, 1G?

Teamoo

Jan 20, 2016
Imo, if Toronto meets this criteria, then so do the Jets. There's arguably 3 defencemen from the Jets I'd take over any of the Leafs (Buff, Trouba and Morrisey (but I have my biases)). Helleybuck has been fantastic and i wouldn't choose Anderson over him (not knocking Anderson who I believe is a major factor when the Leafs do win).

Now before burning me at the stake, I didn't say the Leafs didn't belong on the list, I'm just saying if they do, so too do the Jets.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Anaheim - #1C, #1D, #1G
Arizona - #1D
Boston - #1C, #1G
Buffalo - #1C
Calgary - #1C, #1D
Carolina - 0/3
Chicago - #1C, #1D, #1G
Colorado - #1C
Columbus - #1D, #1G
Dallas - #1C, #1D
Detroit - #1C
Edmonton - #1C, #1G
Florida - #1C, #1D, #1G
LA - #1C, #1D, #1G
Minnesota - #1D, #1G
Montreal - #1D, #1G
Nashville - #1C, #1D, #1G
New Jersey - #1C, #1G
NYI - #1C
NYR - #1D, #1G
Ottawa - #1D
Philly - #1C, #1D
Pittsburgh - #1C, #1D, #1G
SJS - #1C, #1D, #1G
St. Louis - #1C, #1D
Tampa Bay - #1C, #1D, #1G
Toronto - #1C, #1D #1G
Vancouver - 0/3
Vegas - 0/3
Washington - #1C, #1D, #1G
Winnipeg - #1C, #1D

Good list, only disagreement is Florida and San Jose because of age reasons.

Reactions: HarrisonFord

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, the Rangers do (or did) so far this season. Zibanejad has been hovering around a point per game. Again, *so far* this season. Of course, he's out with a concussion now so it's more of a question mark than it was.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Calgary:
1D: Giordano, FOR SURE. Guy's one of the best leaguewide; it's a shame the guy doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
1G: Mike Smith's a top 10 goalie in SV%, GAA and wins. He's also been Calgary's 2nd MVP outside of Gaudreau.

1C: Almost Monahan? The guy's played very close to the level of a 1C this year. I'd still pick a number of guys in front of him if I was picking top C's in the league, but it's hard to argue with a guy who's playing above PPG right now and on pace for 45 goals.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
People who exclude Letang's career but focus on his poor first 20 games this year. Letang was considered a top 5-10 dman as recently as 60 days ago.

I consider Letang a 1D and put Pittsburgh on this list for sure but who the hell said Letang was a top 5-10 defenseman going into this season?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I like Letang, but he is not a 1D anymore. Injuries and declining play saw to that.

My list:

Blues
Kings
Bolts
Preds
Sharks
Hawks
I would argue that Stastny isn't a 1C, Thornton has declined from being a 1C, and that Florida should be in with Barkov, Ekblad, and Luongo.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I would argue that Stastny isn't a 1C, Thornton has declined from being a 1C, and that Florida should be in with Barkov, Ekblad, and Luongo.

I was more going with Pavelski for the Sharks, and yeah I could go either way on Stastny. I will disagree that Ekblad is a true 1D though (for now).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Imo, if Toronto meets this criteria, then so do the Jets. There's arguably 3 defencemen from the Jets I'd take over any of the Leafs (Buff, Trouba and Morrisey (but I have my biases)). Helleybuck has been fantastic and i wouldn't choose Anderson over him (not knocking Anderson who I believe is a major factor when the Leafs do win).

Now before burning me at the stake, I didn't say the Leafs didn't belong on the list, I'm just saying if they do, so too do the Jets.
As a leafs fan who loves the Jets..
Is a 20 game sample size big enough to determine if Hellebyuck is a 1G?
Because literally 20 games ago, Jets fans were calling for his head and saying they needed an upgrade, hence the reason mason came in.
I'm not saying he's not a 1G, just saying 20 games is a tiny sample size in the grand scheme of things.
If you believe he's a 1G, than congrats, you have all the pieces and their all U25. That's impressive.

I'm fully aware you can make the same argument for Morgan Rielly when leafs fans call him a 1D. Its a 25 game sample size, but he's had the potential for 5 years, which is why I think he's legit.
Toronto's 3 pieces are 20,23 and 27. Also very impressive!

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Islanders:

#1C - Tavares.
#1D - Leddy. Has really stepped it up this year.
#1G - umm, Halak? Certainly not a bad goalie, but hasn't exactly been elite either. Does tend to start slow and get better as the season progresses though.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
As a leafs fan who loves the Jets..
Is a 20 game sample size big enough to determine if Hellebyuck is a 1G?
Because literally 20 games ago, Jets fans were calling for his head and saying they needed an upgrade, hence the reason mason came in.
I'm not saying he's not a 1G, just saying 20 games is a tiny sample size in the grand scheme of things.
If you believe he's a 1G, than congrats, you have all the pieces and their all U25. That's impressive.

I'm fully aware you can make the same argument for Morgan Rielly when leafs fans call him a 1D. Its a 25 game sample size, but he's had the potential for 5 years, which is why I think he's legit.
Toronto's 3 pieces are 20,23 and 27. Also very impressive!

Generally agree here.
Hellebuyck is playing like a 1G but the sample size is too small to be sure yet.
Scheif is bonafide 1C
Trouba played like a 1D last year and has that in him but has not looked great yet this year (the last 2 games he has) but again probably needs at least back to back seasons at that level to be declared that.
Buff is a low end 1D who could if he really was ever focused be elite. But Buff is going to Buff.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Calgary:
1D: Giordano, FOR SURE. Guy's one of the best leaguewide; it's a shame the guy doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
1G: Mike Smith's a top 10 goalie in SV%, GAA and wins. He's also been Calgary's 2nd MVP outside of Gaudreau.

1C: Almost Monahan? The guy's played very close to the level of a 1C this year. I'd still pick a number of guys in front of him if I was picking top C's in the league, but it's hard to argue with a guy who's playing above PPG right now and on pace for 45 goals.

Monahan is the top scoring player and top scoring centre from his draft year. He's currently 19th overall in points this year and 10th overall for centres.

Yeah I'd say he's firmly a 1C at this point.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Good list, only disagreement is Florida and San Jose because of age reasons.
But Couture is only 28. Couture has more points than Thornton this year and last year (with fewer games). Thornton is no longer the Sharks #1C. Whether Couture is a legit #1C might be debatable, but I see a lot of people calming Johansen is, so if that is the case I would argue Couture is as well.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Rielly is not a #1D and Andersen is not really a #1G either. The OP should have posted who has an elite 1G, 1D, 1C ... very, very few teams have this.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Chicago are a few easy ones. Probably Washington as well.

Lol at the Rielly hype

I know eh! So stupid, he's only the best defenceman on the 3rd overall place team, on pace for 52pts! How freaking stupid that he be mentioned!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad