WJC: How many Swiss players will get drafted by NHL teams?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Interesting thing about Conz, he was eligible to be drafted in 2009 and 2010 and nobody drafted him. Can't he just be signed by anyone now?

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
I say:
- Bärtschi a late 1st round 1 or a 2nd round.
- Hoffman 3rd round
-Pestoni and Conz maybe in a late round, but i think they are too small to get drafted.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
If Conz wasn't picked after last year it isn't going to happen now, barring a 50+ shot domination against Canada and the USA on the road to a medal.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Bärtschi is a lock, Hofmann is also quite probable. I'm unsure on Pestoni and Conz, maybe a late round. I'd use a late pick for Conz.

Perhaps Schlumpf and/or Truttmann could also be taken in a late round.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
-Bärtschi for sure, 1st round.
-Hoffman, I expect him to be picked in a late round
-Pestoni, 3/4th round perhaps
-Conz, late pick, somebody's gotta take a gamble on this kid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I understand you but Finland played very well and The Swiss had a day off !

they are worth more than what they showed against the Fins some days ago.

I'm sorry but at HFBoards there's no such things as "day off". A team/players is/are only good the first/last/only time you see it/them.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Bartschi for sure in the first round
Hoffman and Pestoni should be taking
Conz could get drafted late round. He has been having a great season in the NLA and if he could have another solid game Sunday then I think a team would take him.
Schlumpf also looked good

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm sorry but at HFBoards there's no such things as "day off". A team/players is/are only good the first/last/only time you see it/them.

Bartschi is getting drafted in the first round of the draft, whether you think so or not.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Bartschi and Hofmann will be drafted. I doubt anyone takes a flyer on Conz, but it could happen in the 6th or 7th. Schlumpf could also go in the 6th or 7th.

Last edited:

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
I say this will be the year where the most Swiss players will get drafted. And also, the first time I think that a Swiss player will get drafted in the 1st round in back to back draft years.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Conz hasn;t been as dominant this world jr as he was last year, although he showed some of that form last night against the americans.

I'm a bit suprised to hear nobody used a late pick to get him, but he is a bit on the small side in an era where the goalies just keep getting bigger.

The TSN guys also made a point about the lack success that previously hyped swiss goalies have had in the nhl. For every Jonas Hiller, there has also been a David Aebischer, and Martin Gerber who didn't last very long in the nhl.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
I say:

Bärtschi late 1st round
Hofmann 6th round
Schlumpf 7th round

Pestoni, Conz, Truttman or Schäppi will not be in the plans of the 30 nhl clubs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad