How many points does Gaudreau finish with?

Gaudreau's points at season's end

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He clearly has the talent to win it. So do a few other players though.

No one in the league is clearly another tier above the top 5 in scoring.

Voted 90-94 a while back and i'm sticking to it. I expect him to cool down.

As to the bolded - Gaudreau had 84 points last year. 61 the year before.

A player like McDavid is in a tier above Gaudreau not because his best is a tier above - but because he's consistently at the top - something Gaudreau has not yet shown he can do.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary

A player like McDavid is in a tier above Gaudreau not because his best is a tier above - but because he's consistently at the top - something Gaudreau has not yet shown he can do.

I can agree with that. I'm saying as of right now. If Gaudreau can't maintain this then he's not in this tier.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
1.9 pts per game for the last 20 games
0.85 goals per game for the last 20 games.
... not a statistical abnormality as the sample size is large enough (almost half the season)

.85 goals/game x 37 games = 31 goals
1.9 pts/game x 37 games = 70 pts

Its not like Gaudreau has never played like this before. His whole life people have been underestimating what he can accomplish. The only difference is that now he's finally doing it against NHL competition.

A very well known hockey player (who knows a thing or two about winning... and no... its not K Lowe) told Gaudreau that he has the talent and capability to become the Art Ross winner. This might be the year.

20 game samples are full of abnormalities (and is not close to half a season)

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
20 game samples are full of abnormalities (and is not close to half a season)
When I said half the season I meant close to half the games that have been played so far.... as in half of the half season thats been played... if that makes any sense.

As for 20 game samples being full of abnormalities so are 45 games samples... but thats what we are currently working with when talking about Gaudreau's play this year..... or anybody's play. Ya work with what ya got.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Voted 105-109 because I think eventually the top line slows down a little, even though when they have slowed down this year their pace seems to be a lowly 1 point per game.

Would be incredible to see him break 120+ though.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think if he'll probably cool off a bit and end up at around 110 points. That seems pretty reasonable - he's got 37 games remaining. Let's say he sits out the last game - I think he could pot 44 points in 36 games down the stretch. His underlying numbers suggest he's running a bit hot but nothing outrageous, especially considering league wide on ice shooting percentages have jumped across the board.

That said, he's taken his game to a completely new level. This 120 point pace might be closer to his new normal given the first 20 games of the season were spent adjusting to a new coach, new system, and new RW.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gaudreau has only gone pointless in 12 out of 46 games played this year and 7 of those were during the first 19 games before Nov 17.

Oct 3 to Nov 15 : 19 pts in 19 games (1.00 pt/game avg.)
Nov 17 to Jan 12: 48 pts in 27 games (1.77 pts/game avg)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Another goal and an assist tonight for Gaudreau.

Nov 17 to Jan 13 : 50 pts in 28 games (1.78 pts/game avg)

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017

I think he cools down a bit too, but 90-94 would be way more than “cooling down” for him. He’s at 69 points with 35 games left. 25 points in his last 35 games would be like cutting his current pace in half, and way below his PPG or so average over the last few years. If he stays healthy, over 100 almost seems like a given.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think he cools down a bit too, but 90-94 would be way more than “cooling down” for him. He’s at 69 points with 35 games left. 25 points in his last 35 games would be like cutting his current pace in half, and way below his PPG or so average over the last few years. If he stays healthy, over 100 almost seems like a given.

Yeah. He had 10 less points when I voted though. Very impressed by him. He's starting to make that total feel very unrealistic for sure.

Still a lot of hockey left to play. But i'm thinking short of injury i agree it'll be hard to keep him below 100 at least.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Yeah. He had 10 less points when I voted though. Very impressed by him. He's starting to make that total feel very unrealistic for sure.

Still a lot of hockey left to play. But i'm thinking short of injury i agree it'll be hard to keep him below 100 at least.
Still not to late to change your vote. ;)
This poll allows that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad