OT: How many picks do the Oilers have for the 2015 draft?

Aceonfire*

Simple question. How many picks do they have for this draft?

I remember reading somewhere that the Oilers have 2 3rd round picks but everywhere I read shows that they only have Ottawa's as they traded the Oil's pick away for Fasth.

It was something about the Perron trade with St. Louis.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
2 1sts and own 2nd for sure. Don't know about the rest. What pick did they deal N. Schultz for last year?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Apparently, yes, the 3rd round pick in 2015 was moved for Fasth (per wikipedia).

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
they say we have St.Louis' 3rd rounder in addition to Ottawa's

The St.Louis pick is apparently part of a condition of the Perron trade, so maybe the condition was Perron staying with the Oilers after a certain point. I don't know exactly how that condition works, but I think we no longer have our 4th rounder as a result.

edit: google to the rescue (and yes I'm right)

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753648

Aceonfire*

they say we have St.Louis' 3rd rounder in addition to Ottawa's

The St.Louis pick is apparently part of a condition of the Perron trade, so maybe the condition was Perron staying with the Oilers after a certain point. I don't know exactly how that condition works, but I think we no longer have our 4th rounder as a result.

edit: google to the rescue (and yes I'm right)

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753648

HF to the rescue, I thought I was crazy for a second. :laugh:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
EDM 1st
PIT 1st
EDM 2nd
OTT 3rd
STL 3rd
EDM 5th
EDM 6th
EDM 7th

our 3rd belongs to Tampa (from ANA), our 4th belongs to STL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We can probably bank on at least another 2nd from the Petry trade, and an outside shot we move Gimpy Fasth or Klinkhammer.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
thank you.

my biggest question is how many will actually end up being quality roster players? I'm gonna guess 2.

God that's sad. The Oilers first should be a slam dunk. That leaves 7 rolls of the dice to get one more. Sounds about right. Hopefully the Oilers can acquire a couple more picks at the deadline and trade down once or twice so we can build some organizational depth to trade for more picks when a competent GM is hired.

I think the over / under for Oilers picks at the draft has to be 10.5 right now.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
In a draft like this I'd be sorely disappointed if we didn't get 1 sure fire top line centre or top pairing D, a 2nd line forward, starting goalie, or middle pairing D, and a role player. At very least.

An organization like Tampa or Detroit would come out of a very deep draft with lots of picks like this one with 5 future NHLers.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
With all those picks and probably an additional one from Petry trade I hope we can move up in the draft. Package the 3rds for another 2nd or package a 3rd and a late 2nd from the Petry trade to a late 1st or early 2nd. The top50 or so is really stacked. Or, alternatively, package picks for, you know, a roster player from a rebuilding team.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Uh what? Currently these are the Oilers' available picks:

EDM 1st
PIT 1st
EDM 2nd
OTT 3rd
EDM 4th
EDM 5th
EDM 6th
EDM 7th

source: http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2015.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NHL_Entry_Draft

Apparently there was a previously unknown condition in the Perron trade that was met, so the Oilers 4th got sent to STL for STL's 3rd.

@Bob_Stauffer: Fyi: Edmonton Oilers received St. Louis's 3rd round pick in 2015 for Edm's 4th in 2015 as a condition in the David Perron trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad