Proposal: How many Leaf fans would trade Nylander For Avs Makar?

How many Leaf fans would trade Nylander for AVS Makar?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
The Leafs would save money because Makar would be on an entry level contract..

With the savings the Leafs can afford Matthews & Marner.

The Leafs get Makar (right shot) because they will not be drafting at the top of draft for a long time to get someone with this kind of potential.

Av's make this trade to get secondary scoring.

Nylander can play centre or wing and is entering his prime.

The Avs make this trade because they have lots of depth on D.

member 147413

Value wise it’s probably close, but there’s more risk for Toronto, because of that, I wouldn’t pull the trigger.

Edit: weird, a Canucks fan voting yes?

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
I'n not a fan of either team but I think the Aves would eventually regret making this trade, if it were to happen. The Aves should turn this down, in my opinion. I'm very high on Makar though, and think Nylander is too soft, though obviously very talented.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
This is a league where trading from a position of weakness is the last thing you should do as seen by the recent Karlsson/ROR/Skinner deals. The correct course of action (and what I think the Leafs will do) is to just sit until Nylander signs a contract (he really doesn’t have much of a choice) then trade him next year or two years from now after he puts up big numbers with Matthews. The Avs went through this with ROR, if a guy wants out (not saying that Nylander does) there’s really nothing you can do to stop them but there should be no rush to trade him now when he has so many RFA years left. Drouin was another example of a guy that had bad value due to his holding out, but Tampa waited him out and eventually got a great deal out of it, the Leafs should do the same.

Even if it’s fair value I can’t see a team offering a guy like Makar for Nylander. I don’t think the Avs would have to offer a guy like Makar since I doubt another team is offering a comparable dman.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Why would the leafs do this? Makar is an unproven, nylander is a bonafide top line forward who's only 2 years older.

More like 2 and a half years older. He’s also an unidimentional forward who’s soft. He’s a complimentary piece (winger) on a contender, not a game-breaker. That and the fact that he’s asking for 8m a year

Makar plays what I believe is the hardest position to fill on a team (RHD) and has the potential to be a game-breaker. He’s also 1 year away from being NHL ready and cost-controlled for at least another 7 years.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Right....so the Avs get to be the team paying Nylander his $8 million after two 60 point seasons, so that Rantanen, coming off a PPG season and whatever he puts up this year, can demand $10 million? No thanks. Rather the Avs keep Makar and let the Leafs try to break Nylander’s camp to something starting with a “6”.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Take this to the Leafs' board or reformat it for the Trades' board Nylander thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad