How many Isles jerseys do you own?

Isles75

Jan 29, 2007
Long Island
Reebok replica home jersey - DP

Blank white KOHO home jersey circa 02-03/03-04 signed by Peca, Parrish, and Hamrlik.

Yeah I really shouldn't get players names on my jerseys, signed or otherwise. :cry:

Think I may test my luck with a 3rd jersey (future home?) royal blue authentic. Not sure who I want to get yet though. If they sign Gilroy, Higgins, or Komiserek then I would get whichever when they sign because they are Americans and NY'rs. Otherwise Okposo, Campoli (oh wait...), Bailey, or Tavheduch.

Just get an old player on the back. God knows we have had a lot of great players back in the day. From Potvin to La Fontaine. What until Okposo or Bailey prove their worth it. I think they will though, I got a good feeling about those two.

RoseTintedVisor

Frans Nielsen?!?!?
Feb 25, 2009
bklyn
-Potvin Throwback (The one from 2 seasons ago, similar to this year's third)

-DiPietro Blue (Pre Lockout Style)

-Godard Blue (Same as above)

-DiPietro Boston University (Red, Autographed @ The NHL Store)

-Mick Vukota (Blue Fisherman)

Oh, I forgot my Freddy Meyer (Current, WHT)

75, I get where you're coming from. But I'm used to my teams mediocrity (see my other teams info), thus I'll always be a fan of these guys.

kpap57

Jun 24, 2008
EX Long Islander
i have 6 in all, all of which are blank considering i became an isles fan around 95'96, i have every isles jersy made, even down to the fisherman one and then when they went back to to isles logo but kept all those crazy colors, never got a name on the back considering we never kept anyone very long those days, i have the original white jersy under glass signed by all the 96'97 isles, should have some good players on it

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i happen to know santa claws personally and......no, youre not.

My little brother told me he was getting me an Islanders jersey for Christmas year, and asked me who I wanted on the back of it.

I thought about it, and just decided to wait until we finally get our superstar player.

DisplacedIslander

Wherever I May Roam
Jul 3, 2003
HF Purgatory
Visit site
I had an old school Starter '92 home jersey in my collection that I gave to my little brother when it got to be too small for me. He wore it with pride to his first game not too long ago.

Poor kid has no idea what he's in for ;)

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
All my jerseys I've more or less outgrown, and being that Im in Florida now I don't really need to have many. Currently, I have a Hunter, old Blues
Blank white jersey with Arbour patch, 1500/1500 (woot)
2 whites covered in signatures

I used to have a Brett Lindros hand-me-down, a third, a fisherman, etc.

Made in Motown

Jul 17, 2008
Philly
Does anyone have the Fisherman and RBK Jersey's in the same size?? Which one is bigger or smaller?

I have a fishsticks and a reebok 6100 (the pre-edge authentics) both in size 48. i think the fishsticks (ccm) is a tad bit smaller, but they are pretty much the same size. Edge jerseys are a completely different cut & are hard to compare, but are significantly smaller.

I have:
White Schneider fishsticks authentic
White Gillies Mitchell & Ness
White pre-edge DP authentic

I got them for when I take my fiance's nephew to games on the island and when the isles play here in philly - I can't stand the Flyers & nothing is more fun that riling up a bunch of philly fans.

Bossyfan71

Lets Go Islanders!
Oct 29, 2012
The Bronx
Jerseys. Who Do You Have?

I am going to pick up my Mike Bossy jersey soon. I want to get a vintage looking one, not just the current team jersey with Bossy #22 on the back. I would like to get the current jersey with either Tavares or Moulson on the back.

I was curious to what jerseys you guys own currently as well as which ones you would get in the future.

How do you guys feel about putting your own name on the jersey?

Mike

SaintTavares

Jul 8, 2009
Brooklyn
Have a home Hamonic, number 36.

I would advise against getting your own name on the back, i think it looks cheesy and if you're spending the money you might as well get a player on it.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Have a home Hamonic, number 36.

I would advise against getting your own name on the back
, i think it looks cheesy and if you're spending the money you might as well get a player on it.

My mom got that for me...Christmas, two years ago.

I have:
Leafs away: 29 Potvin
Blues away: 6 Housley
Avs home: 22 Lemiux

Canucks (from the 94 run) home: no name/number
Whale away: No name/number
Old Jets: No/name number

The next jersey I get will be an away jersey with Hamonic.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
isles ones that i have:

1972 westfall away blue with orange numbers and no name vintage replica

92-93 Turgeon home white replica

96-97 Berard away Blue "wave" replica

98-99 Odjick away blue replica

98-99 home white blank

2002-2003 Osgood alternate orange replica

2010 home nave okposo replica jersey

2011 away white Tavares replica.

i want to get a nice trottier home jersey, they pop up every so often on ebay

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I have old blanks from at least half of the 30 teams, including about 10 or so Isles blanks. :laugh:

As far as names:

Black Tavares
White Bailey
Orange Practice Tavares
Green London Knights Tavares
2006 USA Blue DiPietro
...and a Keith Tkachuk Blues jersey (don't even know why)

I advise against getting your own name on the back. As far as ones in the future...hmm. Maybe a Hamonic in the nearer future or a Strome/Reinhart once one of them establishes themselves.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
I have 5-7 blank isles jersey

With names
2002-03white Osgood #35
2002-03 orange Yashin #79
1993 white Turgeon #77
1993 blue Hogue #33
2005 white Satan #81
08-09 Blue Guerin #13
Present Royal blue JT #91
02-03 black bruins chara #33
02-03 blues blue Tkachuk #7

Also have sharks black alternate and USA 2006 blue blanks

Will look to get a red Tavares Canada jersey next Olympics and possibly black hammer jersey but we will see

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
#79 White and Navy Yashin
#39 Navy and White DiPietro
#32 White and Navy Witt

i stopped getting jerseys, although i might get a konopka one now that he's off the team

Last edited:

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
2001 isles white jersey blank, signed by players from the 2001-2004 season including Chara, Yashin, Osgood, Bossy, and Trottier.
Old Orange blank
Kyle Okposo Navy blue authentic jersey
Sidney Crosby powder blue replica winter classic jersey
LA kings practice jersey
Martin Brodeur red jersey

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
77 Turgeon Isles 1991-92 white (with 75th patch and Isles 20th patch)
92 Malakhov Isles white (from 1994 - got it the week before the trade...yick)
37 DiPietro white Chicago Wolves
37 Parrish Isles white
27 Peca Isles blue
30 Osgood Red Wings white
35 Osgood Isles orange alt
79 Yashin Isles orange alt
16 Hull Team USA blue

Blanks:
Sound Tigers white Inaugural Season
Sound Tigers blue (2008? navy version)
Isles white (2005) authentic
Isles Fisherman-wavy blue
Isles NY style-wavy white
Isles white 2003 team authographed
Isles white 2000 (used when I played roller hockey)

Modells also used to sell Isles blue personalized baseball jerseys back about 10 years ago. It was basically just a blue baseball jersey with about a 6in Isles logo patch on the left breast area. I had them put them 38 - Scatchard on it.

Oof...just realizing how many jerseys I have. Yet I don't have any newer ones...gotta clear some out and work on that. ;-)

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I have a blue Kasparaitis that's about 15 years old. After you get past a certain age (25/26), you can't really get away with wearing sports jerseys in public. You end up looking like the sweat pants guy at the mall.

Bossyfan71

Lets Go Islanders!
Oct 29, 2012
The Bronx
I have a blue Kasparaitis that's about 15 years old. After you get past a certain age (25/26), you can't really get away with wearing sports jerseys in public. You end up looking like the sweat pants guy at the mall.

I don't think that's true. I'm 41 & I wear my jerseys and I don't feel ashamed. Then I again, I really don't care what people say ;)

I have a Red Broduer jersey and a blank Devils throwback that I will customize into a 1st year Brodeur jersey.

Mike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad