Speculation: How many goals habs score in 2015-2016

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
3 on 3 won't change anything goal-wise. Players may pad their stats a bit more as the games that will go to overtime should be less likely to reach shootouts, and therefore count towards their stats, but whether the overtime is played 5 on 5, 4 on 4, 3 on 3 or shootouts, there's only one possible outcome. One additional goal.

I was just thinking along the lines that more games will finish in OT, where a goal is scored. Of course, it's the same as 4-on-4, just one goal. But we're gonna have more of these games with this additional goal. So that means more goals overall.

Probably won't be much though, maybe 5 or 6 goals more per team.

EDIT: Or does the NHL already adds a 'goal for' to the team that wins in SO? Would be dumb, but hey, it's the NHL. In that case, individual scoring stats will go up a little, but not the goal totals for teams. Classic NHL.

Last edited:

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
I was just thinking along the lines that more games will finish in OT, where a goal is scored. Of course, it's the same as 4-on-4, just one goal. But we're gonna have more of these games with this additional goal. So that means more goals overall.

Probably won't be much though, maybe 5 or 6 goals more per team.

EDIT: Or does the NHL already adds a 'goal for' to the team that wins in SO? Would be dumb, but hey, it's the NHL. In that case, individual scoring stats will go up a little, but not the goal totals for teams. Classic NHL.

What will happen however is that team's top players who have success 3v3 will get probably 3-5 more points in a season.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I just took a bet on another board. I've been claiming for a while that I think Habs will finish top 5 for goals for in NHL, so i put 200$ on it. I know it may be a bit over enthousiastic, but...

- Petry and Beaulieu over Weiver - Tinordi to start with.
- Semin over PaP
- Fleischman over napkins at 3rd line's wing.
- Galchy C over Galchy W
- DD 3rd line C over DD 1st line C
- Kassian over Bourque (to be seen)
- New staff for PP
- New adv stats behind the scene.
- 3v3 may help the habs (fast forward, Elite D, Elite G)

To reach top 5 in goals, habs basically have to score 21-22 goals additional goals (before considering 3v3 ''new'' goals).

What do you think of it ?

I'm happy for you that you've reached a level of comfort in life where you can so easily throw away 200$.

Habs will finish middle of the pack and THAT alone is reason to celebrate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad