How many goalies are worth a 6 x 6 contract.

How many goalies are worth 6x6

• Total voters

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Assuming any and every goalie was available at theri current age/play.

Vasilevsky
Markstrom
Demko
Hellebuyck
Gibson
Hart
Lehner

Also willing to gamble on despite age
Sheterkin
Blackwood

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Just realized Vasi makes 9.5M. Holy crap. Luckily he plays in zero tax Tampa

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No, but I dont discount everything we've seen and know about Carter Hart because of a 20 game sample in which a lot of people think the coach will be the next one fired in the NHL.

Then put him in the category with Shestyorkin and Blackwood.

This is part of why so many say Hart is so overrated. When you start putting him in a category with established top tier goalies, and put goalies who are a lot closer to that top tier in a prospect category, people are going to say Hart is overrated.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Then put him in the category with Shestyorkin and Blackwood.

This is part of why so many say Hart is so overrated. When you start putting him in a category with established top tier goalies, and put goalies who are a lot closer to that top tier in a prospect category, people are going to say Hart is overrated.
Those other goalies to people should not be established top tier. Just 3 of them.

Guy who haven't had 2 great years or are having 2 bad years are not established top tier which the rest of that list is.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Not that many, goalie is the 1 position you don't want to overpay big on. I bet Montreal could play someone with a sub 2 million dollar caphit for better results than Price has been giving them.

Even guys like Hart, Sorokin, Blackwood would be an unnecessary risk signing them to a 6 mil by 6 years, why not bridge them and see if they can be consistent (which many goalies can't)

Vasilevsky
Hellebuyck
Gibson

Would be easy yes for me

Markstrom, Grubauer, and Lehner are maybes imo.

Demko and Shesterkin I feel okay about, but its definitely not a risk free contract

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
For all the people saying there are many goalies worth $6M, remember that this contract means they'll be that good for the next 6 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad