How many games would allstar European win vs allstar Canada in best of 7?

How many games would allstar European win vs allstar Canada in a best of 7?

• Total voters

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Bure-Forsberg-Jagr
Selanne-Malkin-Ovechkin
Kurri-P Statsny-Sundin
Fedorov-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Lidstrom-Chara
Salming-Fetisov
Zubov-Karlsson

Hasek

Howe-Gretzky-Lindros
Yzerman-Lemiuex-Sakic
Kariya-Crosby-Francis
Dionne-Macdavid-Thornton

Bourque-Orr
Pronger-Harvey
Shore-robinsson

Roy

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
what are those Canada picks?

Wheres Beliveau, Hull, Richard, Mikita, Lafleur, Bossy, Messier, Trottier, Clarke just to name a few

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
what are those Canada picks?

Wheres Beliveau, Hull, Richard, Lafleur, Bossy, Messier, Trottier, Clarke just to name a few
Canada can have like 5 teams. Impossible to fit everyone into one.

The question is my team on the poll

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Everyone is in their prime from their own era.
ok, so Eddie Shore would be jsut as useless as a pylon against modern players.... youre talking almost 100 year gap

even Harvey couldnt keep up with today's speed, and I would argue that Orr would need a lot of time and conditioning to adapt

unless youre saying imagine Orr having grown up in today's game

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
ok, so Eddie Shore would be jsut as useless as a pylon against modern players.... youre talking almost 100 year gap

even Harvey couldnt keep up with today's speed, and I would argue that Orr would need a lot of time and conditioning to adapt

unless youre saying imagine Orr having grown up in today's game
When i watch the canada cup 87 final, i not see how the speeds and intencity in those games were much less than in modern time

Reactions: nucks88

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
When i watch the canada cup 87 final, i not see how the speeds and intencity in those games were much less than in modern time
I completely disagree. I watched a game from the 92 Cup Finals last week, and it was pretty evident to me.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
its one thing to ask who was the greater player from completely different generations, but to ask who would win in a game consisting of players from the far past and modern players... whats the point?
You don't need to think about details like equipment. Just imagine the players in question were all in the same context. Like they grew up in the same eras.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
The big 4 are on the same team, this would be ugly. The only way it would be fair is to get them out. I suppose peak Hasek can steal a game but that's about it.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
its one thing to ask who was the greater player from completely different generations, but to ask who would win in a game consisting of players from the far past and modern players... whats the point?

overthinking.

Lidstrom +Chara + Hasek could keep it to 2 goals. Then you just need a few lucky bounces. 2 games.

Reactions: Star Ocean

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
overthinking.

Lidstrom +Chara + Hasek could keep it to 2 goals. Then you just need a few lucky bounces. 2 games.

Sure, as long as their team doesn't take more than 2 penalties.

Goaltending is borderline irrelevant if these two teams played each other in an actual NHL game and not a slowed down all star game. The power play unit of Gretzky, Lindros, Lemieux, Orr, and Bourque would be good for like 50+%. 3 of the four greatest players of all time on the same PP unit, and the four greatest players ever (by a significant margin) on the same team...

Niether team is keeping the other to under 2 goals.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
overthinking.

Lidstrom+Chara would most likely be on the ice against the Gretzky line (maybe Orr+Bourque too). Gretzky will make them look stupid every shift, but if by some miracle he doesn't then Howe and Lindros would just run them over (Chara is a tough guy but nothing compared to those 2). They aren't stopping anything, it's going to be all up to Hasek.

Also, at least 1 of the 4 best players ever will always be on the ice. There's no way they score less than 2 goals.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Lidstrom+Chara would most likely be on the ice against the Gretzky line (maybe Orr+Bourque too). Gretzky will make them look stupid every shift, but if by some miracle he doesn't then Howe and Lindros would just run them over (Chara is a tough guy but nothing compared to those 2). They aren't stopping anything, it's going to be all up to Hasek.

Also, at least 1 of the 4 best players ever will always be on the ice. There's no way they score less than 2 goals.
Chara would def beat Lindros in a fight. Idk Howe enough but im guessing he'd beat him too.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bure-Forsberg-Jagr
Selanne-Malkin-Ovechkin
Kurri-P Statsny-Sundin
Fedorov-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Lidstrom-Chara
Salming-Fetisov
Zubov-Karlsson

Hasek

Howe-Gretzky-Lindros
Yzerman-Lemiuex-Sakic
Kariya-Crosby-Francis
Dionne-Macdavid-Thornton

Bourque-Orr
Pronger-Harvey
Shore-robinsson

Roy

Why is Fetisov on the team and not Makarov?

I mean I love Mats Sundin but........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad