How many games will the Sharks win this year?

How many games will the Sharks win this year?

• Total voters

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I think they are going for the record of the longest losing streak and worst record overall
2-80. We’ll also have the lowest avg attendance record which will absolutely obliterate Atlanta’s record lows. Let’s be real though, even with 90% odds to land 1st OA, Winnipeg will win the lottery and we’ll drop back to 4th..

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
You are taking things too literally. I was trying to be polite in saying that I disagreed with another poster that even with the Sharks 1st pick overall (if the Sharks win the lottery) that Grier might not take Celebrini. There are other candidates, That's is all.
But as of right now, Grier would look like an idiot GM if he had the 1st overall and picked anyone other then Celebrini.

There is as of this time a clear cut tier level for the top 3-5 prospects. Not as high and clear cut as last year with Bedard and Carlsson/Fantilli, but Celebrini is the clear cut #1 right now.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
2-80. We’ll also have the lowest avg attendance record which will absolutely obliterate Atlanta’s record lows. Let’s be real though, even with 90% odds to land 1st OA, Winnipeg will win the lottery and we’ll drop back to 4th..
I can't tell if you're just joking on the draft part... if you are joking, I'm sorry for missing the sarcasm.

If we finish worst, we have a 25.5% chance of picking 1OA, 18.8% chance of picking 2nd, and 55.7% chance of picking 3rd.

Even if it IS rigged, we wouldn't fall below 3OA.

2024 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Maybe this is helpful for someone else, regardless.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
You are taking things too literally. I was trying to be polite in saying that I disagreed with another poster that even with the Sharks 1st pick overall (if the Sharks win the lottery) that Grier might not take Celebrini. There are other candidates, That's is all.
Got it! I thought you might have some inside info on what GMGM is looking into. If so, do tell!

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I understand that GMMG is looking into Cole Eiserman and Ivan Demidov as well.
Eiserman would be ideal Eklund Is looking like a pretty solid playmaker, he needs a finisher to play with

Honestly this draft isn’t looking so great so they will likely get the first overall but the player will likely be of Pat Falloon quality

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Sharks had 22 last season, and this team is much worse (well it just doesn't have Karlsson).

So I've picked 16-20 range. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the worst records in the NHL history. There hasn't really been anything in the first 5 games to build confidence. The one game they got a point, they were absolutely destroyed. Their 'best game' saw them lose 3-1.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Trick question. Wins are little more than a futile attempt to impress a sense of fleeting accomplishment onto meaningless events that matter not in the scope of the cosmos and all of recorded time. Acknowledging them is to acknowledge that one craves purpose and validation that is arbitrary and without intrinsic value.

The only correct answer is to shun the artificiality of this meaningless construct and embrace the indifferent futility of the void. Freedom from hope is freedom from disappointment.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I can't tell if you're just joking on the draft part... if you are joking, I'm sorry for missing the sarcasm.

If we finish worst, we have a 25.5% chance of picking 1OA, 18.8% chance of picking 2nd, and 55.7% chance of picking 3rd.

Even if it IS rigged, we wouldn't fall below 3OA.

2024 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Maybe this is helpful for someone else, regardless.
Definitely not being serious. I do appreciate your post though

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Trick question. Wins are little more than a futile attempt to impress a sense of fleeting accomplishment onto meaningless events that matter not in the scope of the cosmos and all of recorded time. Acknowledging them is to acknowledge that one craves purpose and validation that is arbitrary and without intrinsic value.

The only correct answer is to shun the artificiality of this meaningless construct and embrace the indifferent futility of the void. Freedom from hope is freedom from disappointment.
The first level-headed response in this thread, tbh, imho, fyi, brb

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA

Brilliant post. I’m a realist and don’t expect much in the next few seasons, but I am hopeful that we will get some good luck in terms of players that are hidden gems that outperform their expectations. And perhaps that will lead to better than expected results and a quicker turnaround for a rebuild. Let’s see what happens.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I feel like how many wins they get all seasons depends on how many they get before Quinn goes. Someone gonna take the hit, it's not gonna be the new GM... How many can the Sharks win before Quinn gets the ax tho?

There will be a potential for a new coach to come in and get them into some sort of new system. Might catch some folks sleeping on their scouting and win a few putting them over 9. This is assuming a lot of things go right considering the talent on hand. It could be the same ol' trainwreck with a different conductor.

If they get to 9, let's say 9-50-1, and then Quinn gets the boot. I think they'll get like maybe 5 or 6 more wins in that last 20 games. I'm not sure that's gonna be sustainable rate once the league figures out what's changed about the system. I kinda doubt it, but it'll be good for that "new coach surge."

If they go 0-40-1 (which brings it just into the new year on the schedule) before Quinn gets the ax I don't think they'll win 9 more over the last half of the season. The new coach thing won't overcome the lack of truly high end talent on this team.

If Quinn stays all year, maybe 5 games won?

I doubt that they'll string together enough wins to get them outta the cellar when/if they get a new coach. Of course, a couple injuries to some of the other nearby tanksters could cause some CBJ-esque bullshit like last year...

Hawks gonna win the lotto anyway... :sarcasm: but also a little :scared:
First 9 games of the season to give Chi-town a taste and sell some season tix then back to Regina so the Hawks can back-to-back the NHL lotto.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake

Far out man…

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
There's no way Quinn gets fired this season. I would be shocked if he doesn't make it through his 3 year contract. We have zero expectations of winning games.
Exactly. The greatest coach ever with prime Hasek or Roy is at best going .500

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I went 16-20. We're going to win a few we have no business winning, all bad teams do.

Thing is, the Sharks had the fewest wins in the NHL last year, and still managed 22. This team feels so, so much worse than last year's. So I would say closer to 16 than 20.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Exactly. The greatest coach ever with prime Hasek or Roy is at best going .500
Like apart from Eklund and maybe Hertl due to his contract status, do we expect any of the guys playing tonight to be on the next competitive Sharks team?

The next two seasons are primarily about running out the clock on Vlasic, Couture, Burns, Jones and Karlsson's contracts/cap hits and drafting as high as possible.

Once Grier starts moving significant assets for outside help or signing top half of the lineup free agents then the onus will be on the coaching staff to show progress. Until then it just doesn't matter.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff

Bro when did you become so eloquent? You’ve always been good, but…tell me chat.gpt didn’t revise this for you?!? :)

• Haha

ieglover

Mar 19, 2006
Lowest scoring team over the course of a season record is possible. We are at 1.33 GPG

Buffalo Sabres 2013-14 1.83
Tampa Bay Lightning 1997-98 1.84
Buffalo Sabres 2014-15 1.87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad