How many games will the Sharks win this year?

How many games will the Sharks win this year?

• Total voters

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Halfway mark:

Sharks on pace for 18 wins and 42 points. Easy math.

Why we'll be better:
- league easiest rest of season schedule
- possible Couture return
- it can't possibly get worse, can it?

Why we'll be the same or worse:
- trade deadline, God willing, moves a few more assets like Kahk or any of the forwards or Ferraro
- team hasn't even been close to competing in any except 1 of the games in the current losing streak
- the coaching may be awful or may be good - hard to say with this roster - but they're definitely not at the top of the league, and this turtle shell defensive system is just brutal for shot and chance differential

I personally still predict we'll reach 20 wins, just because of the weak schedule remaining, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't.

it's been a tough one, y'all!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Halfway mark:

Sharks on pace for 18 wins and 42 points. Easy math.

Why we'll be better:
- league easiest rest of season schedule
- possible Couture return
- it can't possibly get worse, can it?

Why we'll be the same or worse:
- trade deadline, God willing, moves a few more assets like Kahk or any of the forwards or Ferraro
- team hasn't even been close to competing in any except 1 of the games in the current losing streak
- the coaching may be awful or may be good - hard to say with this roster - but they're definitely not at the top of the league, and this turtle shell defensive system is just brutal for shot and chance differential

I personally still predict we'll reach 20 wins, just because of the weak schedule remaining, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't.

it's been a tough one, y'all!
It sure as heck didn't get better that's for sure. 16 wins with 12 games left.

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It sure as heck didn't get better that's for sure. 16 wins with 12 games left.
There's unfortunately/fortunately still a chance we hit 20 ... 4 wins out of 11 would outpace our current pace, but the schedule is relatively weak and the team has been playing a bit better.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
in another thread at the beginning of the season i predicted 37 points and 15 wins.

I don't know how to feel considering I undersold lol

• Haha

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Up to 19 wins. Barring a surprise two game win streak we will not hit the top level of 21 wins, which was my vote. However we could hit 20 wins.

Congrats to the wisdom of the masses (any of you who voted 16-20) - looking good with two games to go.

Shame on the 12 others plus me who were too optimistic, although if you told me we wouldn't have Couture all year and would only have an injured then traded Hertl I may not have said 21-25 (coping).

Shame on the 49 of you who thought we wouldn't make it to 16 wins, although maybe you all thought that our goalies would play like they usually did rather than +1-2 WAR (0.8 blackwood, 0.5 Cooley), or didn't realize Granlund would score nearly a PPG or Zetts 20 goals // Eklund 0.5ppg (happy coping).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad