How many games does Smyth play this year?

jgoud*

Hopefully less than half. He is God awful out there and is incredibly slow. And it pisses me off when Eakins' excuse for benching him becomes "I could have picked 1 of 4 guys and I knew he wasn't going to pout about it". When do you think he'll be out of the lineup regularly? Or do you even think that will happen?

McDavidson

#Jultzing
Mar 18, 2013
If Smyth was utilized in a 4th line role, 5-10 minutes a night, some power play time, I could see him getting into 65-70 games this year, the tank is almost dry, but the guy still has a great nack of scoring greasy goals. IMO. I still think Smyth is a heck of a lot more valuable than Brown.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
If Smyth was utilized in a 4th line role, 5-10 minutes a night, some power play time, I could see him getting into 65-70 games this year, the tank is almost dry, but the guy still has a great nack of scoring greasy goals. IMO. I still think Smyth is a heck of a lot more valuable than Brown.
Does he? He has something like 2 goals over his last 60 odd NHL games dating back to the 2011/2012 season.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Smyth is not an NHL player anymore, too slow to keep up even with other team's 4th liners, not to mention elite offensive players. If he's a regular on the Oilers, this team is in real trouble.
How many games he WILL play? My guess is many, maybe most of the them.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If I had my way, it would be ZERO. But since I'm not the one he has some magical control over, I will say 45.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad