how many games did Hank dress for and or play this season ?

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I just asked the same question to everyone I know, wondering what Hanks role will be...I have no idea. (As far as whether he will play in the playoffs) SO even if he doesn't play in the playoffs will his name still get on the Cup if we win?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I just asked the same question to everyone I know, wondering what Hanks role will be...I have no idea. (As far as whether he will play in the playoffs) SO even if he doesn't play in the playoffs will his name still get on the Cup if we win?
Getting your name on the Cup is normally 40 regular season games or 1 Finals game. Not sure how games backed up is treated. Think teams have a little bit of discretion to get names they want on there. LA got Jeff Schultz on there in 2014. Imagine Lundqvist would even if he didn't qualify.

My best guess is that Georgiev backs up the playoff games and Lundqvist watches.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
The rule is for goalies, if you dress and back-up 41 games of the regular season or play 1 minute of goal in the finals you qualify to get your name on the cup....so how many games did hank either start or dress as the back-up? is it 41 or more ?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The rule is for goalies, if you dress and back-up 41 games of the regular season or play 1 minute of goal in the finals you qualify to get your name on the cup....so how many games did hank either start or dress as the back-up? is it 41 or more ?
Yeah it’s definitely more.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
no its defintely 41 games dressed or played in goal or dress 1 game in the finals and sit on the bench...pretty sure Hank has over 41 games dressed or played....Igor came in during the Rangers 41st game of the season, at that point Hank had 40 games dressed or played...I'm pretty sure Hank dressed at least once during Igor's time here or I could be wrong. Hank would need to have dressed at least one time after the Jan 7th game vs Colorado

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
yep just checked Hank has over 41 games dressed or played, he will have a shot at having his name on the cup even if he never plays or dresses in the upcoming playoffs.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Automatic engraving if: (1) play or dress as backup for half the team's regular season games; or (2) play or dress as backup for one finals game.

That means Skjei qualifies. That also means if Kravstov dresses in SCF G7 alone, he qualifies. Lundqvist already qualifies based on (1). Even if he somehow didn't, the Rangers would petition the league to have him engraved under the "extenuating circumstances" rule.

Last edited:

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
yes so basically all we need is for the Rangers to win the cup....based on our history this should be a piece of cake :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad