Speculation: How many fights for Lucic this year?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I was thinking about how many times Lucic might fight this year.

Am I reading this right understanding that he only had 4 fights over the past 2 seasons combined? That's a little surprising... but considering L.A is a big tough team and Boston has always been scrappy I guess it shouldn't be a big surprise considering the kind of match-ups he's used to.

We're still a work in progress with the toughness on the back end (assuming Nurse starts the season in the AHL), but we've got more than a few tough guys playing up front. Still we only have 2 in Lucic and Maroon that get top 9 minutes.

If Nurse can pull his pants up and play his way into a top 4 role by the beginning of next season it'll feel a lot different, though. I figure it'll be enough team toughness to deter the dirtier teams on most nights.

Anyhow I'm guessing Lucic fights 5 times this year.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
none. why is that not an option?

Because I think it's impossible. LOL

I tried to imagine it before making the poll and I think there's a better chance we see the Leafs win the cup this year than not seeing Lucic drop the gloves. We play against a lot of big teams and our organization is trying to shed the small guy reputation to protect it's young assets.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I'll guess 2 or 3

I doubt he or Nurse have too many, nobody wants to take them on

Hendricks and Maroon on the other hand, get more because guys aren't worried about getting KO'd by them

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He doesn't actually fight all that much, and doesn't need to in a league that is heading down the path of removing it from the game.

3 - 5 is probably the max amount.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I think it'll be 5 or 6. He's riding shotgun for McDavid and there'll be a few times where somebody tries to take liberties with Connor and Lucic steps in to tune them in, and probably a couple other fights sprinkled in there this year.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'll guess 2 or 3

I doubt he or Nurse have too many, nobody wants to take them on

Hendricks and Maroon on the other hand, get more because guys aren't worried about getting KO'd by them

You feel Nurse is making the team?

I'm not sold on him having made it yet.
But I'm fortunately mistaken I'd be really, REALLY ****ing excited because we'd be oozing team toughness.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I think it'll be 5 or 6. He's riding shotgun for McDavid and there'll be a few times where somebody tries to take liberties with Connor and Lucic steps in to tune them in, and probably a couple other fights sprinkled in there this year.

Now I'm only counting a fight if both guys drop em or maybe if it's Nurse-Polak esque

There should be roughing up of guys beyond counting

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
You feel Nurse is making the team?

I'm not sold on him having made it yet.
But I'm fortunately mistaken I'd be really, REALLY ****ing excited because we'd be oozing team toughness.

I'm thinking there's like a 50/50 chance he makes the starting lineup, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed either way

But I'd be shocked if he doesn't have 50 games in the NHL this year

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm thinking there's like a 50/50 chance he makes the starting lineup, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed either way

But I'd be shocked if he doesn't have 50 games in the NHL this year

I think we can turn him into a guy that flirts with 40 points for many years to come, but I feel the transition into the NHL would be faster if he played the majority of this season in the AHL.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Lucic probably 7-10 fights considering Maroon, Kassian and Nurse mixing it up.

Maroon should get the most but now the coach probably wants him playing hockey more but he'll drop the gloves with anyone as well.

My question is how many fights does Kassian get? he probably suits up for 40-55 games I imagine.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
I want to reach a bit higher than his norm so voted 8-9. I think the Oilers want to set the tone this season, let everybody know their new identity, a skilled but heavy team. That's what I liked about giving the 'A' to Lucic, he's one of the new faces of the club now, a major part of our new identity and he needs to show it by leading by example.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
I said this in the offseason: I'd bet anything he drops them on opening night. To send a message and get the fans on his side right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad