How many Awards should the Wire have won?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Season 2 is the one season that seems to get better for me with each re-watch. It's hard to put it into (or rather, fully understand) the context of the series as a whole the first time through but you really appreciate it a whole lot more once its storylines branch and evolve in later seasons. I always have trouble deciding between seasons 3 and 4 as my favorite though, both the political bureaucracy and the education system as the main overarching themes and the way they were depicted were absolutely fascinating television.

3 and 4

For me.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Its been years since I watched it, but I'd go:

I don't hold 4 on the level as everyone else from what I remember. Once Avon's crew got taken down I really lost interest in that portion. I remember Bodie's storyline being real good that season, but I also didn't have any real interest in the school storyline either, which was the main focus of that season.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
You have never heard of the expression "memory show"? I did explain myself. First year great and the years afterwards got worse and worse. The Wire has become what hipsters now are-A show where people are afraid to disagree with others for fear of being rejected and cast out from the group. Many people who claim the wire is great, have never actually sat down and watched the entire series. But because a small group have done such a hard sell on it being "totally hip"(ala the Hipseter) that they need to conform to the perceived notion that THE ENTIRE RUN OF THE WIRE WAS GREAT--it was not. It got gradually worse and worse and the last season when compared to the first season reflects how bad the series had become.

And by not knowing the history of The Wire linked to Homicide life on the street, you have exposed both you lack of understanding of the etymology of the origins of The Wire and the history of a guy named David Simon. The fact you do not know the history and etymology of The Wire; is sad. You sir are a Hipster and that beanie on your head looks silly.

The Wire is a memory show that people keep propping up. Year 1 was one of the best "limited run series" and that broke ground for shows like Game of thrones, House of cards and other shows where Hollywood suddenly realized people will watch a show for 2 months and wait up to two years(I am looking at you Sopranos) to see what happens next.

Many people feel the need to conform to the mentality that because one or two people like something, they need to fall in line so they wont be ostracized from the group and not be in the minority.

The Wire ran for 60 episodes. Since you claim to be an expert on the show. please post a none coles notes recap of all episodes please.

*The Wire is bad and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is good*

Hahahahahaha

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
3 (the scene with Stringer and Avon on the balcony gives it the edge for me)
2/5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad