How many 100 point players this season?

How many 100 point players this season?

• 5+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I actually think there's a possibility we have none. But I think we'll see more players around the 80-90 range compared to previous years.

If I had to pick though, I'd say Stamkos, Kucherov and Mcdavid reach 100.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I went with 1. Chances are things will tighten up and goal scoring will go down as the season goes on, as somebody else pointed out injuries will also come into play. I do think we will have about 4-5 people cracking 90 points though

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
his play from last year has literally no bearing on his play for this year. You may very well be right since 100 points is very hard to achieve, but your reasoning is terrible

I don't know what is more terrible, predicting Matthews getting 100 points or telling me that his last years play has absolute no bearing on this season. Uhhh yah it does it gives me a lot of Info on what type of player he is etc. He's already got two pro seasons under his belt, he's close to being fully mature (ex 217 pounds). He isn't as good as a play maker as leafs fans think he is. Sorry but he's not going to increase his assist totals enough to hit 100. Only the very very very top 1-3 guys can hit 100. 80-90? Maybe I still bet on around 75ish

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Lol @ Matthews hitting 100. He isn't going from 69 points to 100. Argue with me all you want, you will see in April

You out of your mind? Ok lets talk in April Matthews is one hell of a player who CLEARLY has elevated his game so far this year. Hes been a treat to watch and cant imagine what looks like next year if he continues progressing at this pace. Just not really sure why the hate on him

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Looks like Tampa could have at least two alone.

... Why can't I vote on these things.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
You out of your mind? Ok lets talk in April Matthews is one hell of a player who CLEARLY has elevated his game so far this year. Hes been a treat to watch and cant imagine what looks like next year if he continues progressing at this pace. Just not really sure why the hate on him

Trigger Alert!

A 100 points maybe wins him the Art Ross. There is no historical precedent for a player to go from 20th in scoring (28th in PPG) in their 18 year old season to an Art Ross in their 2nd year. Wayne, Crosby and McDavid were clearly better than Matthews in their rookie seasons when they did it.

I realize that in pointing this out that I am simply being a hater so I apologize for any hurt I have caused.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
With Stamkos and Kucherov off to crazy starts I think they both hit 100. I think Mcdavid also hits 100. He hasn't been playing up to scratch by his standards and he still is on pace for 90.

Honestly, it's pretty tough to hit 100 in today's NHL. On one hand I wouldn't be surprised if zero players hit it, but with the little uptick in scoring I could also see Kucherov, Mcdavid, Matthews, and Crosby having a chance.

If one player did it, my money has to be on the guy who did it last year lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad