How long would it take to brainwash/retool?

Preds101

Jul 5, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I am not to the point yet that Poile/Trotz needs to be let go, but lets say that we get shutout the next 3-7 games(whatever it takes) and management decides that this system isn't working. My question is, how long do you guys think it would take our players to get over the current system since this is all the player's have know, or would it even be possible? Or would we need to go in to a full rebuild and start drafting? Would it take just a season or a couple seasons?

If you want to vote:
http://strawpoll.me/691010

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
With the current contracts 4 years.
http://www.capgeek.com/predators/

It will be near impossible to find a GM to take Stall Berg, Hendricks contract, and as much as I like Gosse his contract is bad. It would require moving Weber and or Rinne for offensive assets since those are the only players with the collateral to land a top six type long term signed player. This season thus is proof that relying on larger group of young players s not the answer.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Moving Rinne or Weber for a top six forward leaves another hole to fill.

We need a change in GM and coach. And replace some scouts with guys who can find forwards who can put the puck in the net.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i thought no one would take scott hannan last year but he got us a 7th round pick. As laughable as that may be. I think Hendricks could be sold for a 6th or 7th. The contract is absolutely atrocious though.

Also, I don't think it's time to sell Stalberg yet. He needs to have a different coach though. And I think Cullen could be sold at the deadline or possibly early and get a player back. Ultimately, we need a change at coach. You cannot continue to sit with a coach that has been at the same place for 15 years and gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs ONE time.

New coach, new GM and blow it up.

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
i thought no one would take scott hannan last year but he got us a 7th round pick. As laughable as that may be. I think Hendricks could be sold for a 6th or 7th. The contract is absolutely atrocious though.

Also, I don't think it's time to sell Stalberg yet. He needs to have a different coach though. And I think Cullen could be sold at the deadline or possibly early and get a player back. Ultimately, we need a change at coach. You cannot continue to sit with a coach that has been at the same place for 15 years and gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs ONE time.

New coach, new GM and blow it up.

Lucky for Trotz he's done it twice. :sarcasm:

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
I think its interesting that when Wilson and Stalberg had their best game, Wilson noted that "Trotz wouldn't like they style they were playing but they having a lot of fun out there". It just makes me think that its the system that is holding the offense back....not the players. We've had the same system for years and the offense has always seemed to be worse than most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad