How long before this team is a top 15 team in scoring?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Bylsma said a few times last year that it's the same system. Yeo said he uses the same system but he also said he'd switch things up to fit the players he's given.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeo's system isn't far off from most everyone else in the league. Aggressive forecheck when the puck is loose, passive forecheck when the opposition is breaking out, get in passing lanes in the neutral zone, collapse in the defensive zone.

Wild are averaging 32.3 shots per game this year. Third in the league in shots taken. Shooting percentage is 6.2%, which is definitely low (unlucky). The goals will come.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Yeo's system isn't far off from most everyone else in the league. Aggressive forecheck when the puck is loose, passive forecheck when the opposition is breaking out, get in passing lanes in the neutral zone, collapse in the defensive zone.

Wild are averaging 32.3 shots per game this year. Third in the league in shots taken. Shooting percentage is 6.2%, which is definitely low (unlucky). The goals will come.

Yup. One thing I really like so far is that we have outshot the opponent each game so far. That would be unheard of with the previous Wild teams.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali

That is pretty good. Thought it was way less than that shots wise, could have fooled me.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I wish 'scoring chances' were tracked better.

true...closest thing i've found that I personally like to use for making snap judgements is the shot trackers on NHL.com...richards years it was insane the flip around. went from a bunch of dots scattered around all over to the crease being covered by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad