How long before Laviolette gets canned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Oh **** my posts were logical back then. Hahn I remember when I used to post stats. Now I don't give a **** haha

Edit: also I used to like Lavy. He used to get mad at the team when they were bad, bag skate them etc etc. Remeber last season? He would just stand behind the bench chewing is gum. He was as emotionless as Stevens. I'm not saying he should be stupidly emotional he just seems like he's coaching different. I think the players used to be scared of Lavy. This is obviously not the case anymore.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Oh **** my posts were logical back then. Hahn I remember when I used to post stats. Now I don't give a **** haha

Ironically, this was posted before the Carter and Richards trades which were meant to extend his shelf life and obviously did....but he hasn't done much better since.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Much better or worse? :laugh:

Granted missing a very good defensive center in Richards and a true #1 in Pronger has something to do with that.

Getting the wrong goalie for his system also had something to do with it. If you look back at that other post where I link to another thread (link below), Lavi talks about desiring a true number 1 to make his life easier. So the GM gets rid of Carter and Richards to improve the locker room (which it sort of did) but then get Bryz (who didn't) relegating Bob to backup when Bob was probably best suited for Lavi's system due to his athleticism. All he had to do was get more reps, build up his confidence and hone his technical game which he eventually did. Man what a clusterphuk situation....

Can Lavi, Holmgren and Snider!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=912681

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I liked the critical analysis of Mike Richards' 'out of hockey gear' physique.

LOL..yeah I know. Let's please avoid the Carter and Richards decisions as much as possible..or at least keep it civil. I still think the trades were needed and good but they weren't followed up with the best decisions either from the GM. The coach hasn't upped his "game" either despite the ownership trying to extend his shelf life. Getting rid of Bryz was also part of facilitating Lavi since they supposedly didn't see eye to eye ..although kind of hard when Bryz falls asleep in meetings and on the bench..:laugh:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
LULZ at the people who figured the guys in the room were responsible for all things wrong.

Considering the vast majority are gone, I guess Roo, Hartnell and Kimmo are the *******s... :sarcasm:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Given that a lot of the discussion in this thread revolved around players no longer with the team and the poll options are 2 years old, I'm shutting this down.

If you feel the need for a re-hash, start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad