How long before Dell is # 1 in San Jose?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't know... HP has a pretty good game going right now. Really ever since they bought Compaq. Lenovo is always hanging in there and ASUS just makes a good product. Can't count out Acer either even if they are lower tier they always show up to the party. I personally think Dell is overrated.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I don't know... HP has a pretty good game going right now. Really ever since they bought Compaq. Lenovo is always hanging in there and ASUS just makes a good product. Can't count out Acer either even if they are lower tier they always show up to the party. I personally think Dell is overrated.

I don't know, the Jukebox was revolutionary technology if you ask me.

31VK58MACGL.jpg

Reactions: Lancer

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
His Save% as a pro the last 5 years between the AHL and NHL is impressive.

I’d love for the isles to trade for him but there’s no reason for SJ to move him at this time.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he will never be the #1 in san jose. martin jones has a huge contract that assures him as the #1 for the next 5 years at least

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
His Save% as a pro the last 5 years between the AHL and NHL is impressive.

I’d love for the isles to trade for him but there’s no reason for SJ to move him at this time.

Him becoming a free agent after this season is a good reason to move him now but them competing for the playoffs is a good reason to keep him. I'd trade him if it meant a high 2nd round pick or something of a similar value.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Him becoming a free agent after this season is a good reason to move him now but them competing for the playoffs is a good reason to keep him. I'd trade him if it meant a high 2nd round pick or something of a similar value.

Hes a great insurance policy for Jones. No reason for a team to give that up. The isles need a goalie who can be More consistent. For Whatever reason Greiss and Halak haven’t been great this year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hes a great insurance policy for Jones. No reason for a team to give that up. The isles need a goalie who can be More consistent. For Whatever reason Greiss and Halak haven’t been great this year.

When you can pretty much guarantee that the great insurance policy will bounce at the end of the season, you have a good reason to trade that if you can get good enough value. I don't think the league will see Dell as valuable as some posters on here might nor be so desperate in their goalie situation to pay a premium for Dell. But this Sharks team isn't going very far and they need to maximize the value of the assets that may not be here past this year or next year instead of clinging to a hope that will not likely come to pass for them.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
lol i actually havent heard of this goalie so thought this thread was about the company dell :laugh:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
28 year old with 30 career games over Marty Jones? Yeah, never. I've seen this movie before, it was called Andrew Hammond last time

Andrew hammond was a crappy goalie before he got on a 15 game hot streak.

Aaron dell has been great in every league he has played in.

Hammond in the ahl before his hot streak. 3.51 goals against and a .898 sv% his stats in the ahl didn't even warrant the call up.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
He would be worth a 3rd rounder at most.
Have you ever seen an HP laptop? Probably the worst build quality ever. Dell latitude line is great, but the king still is the thinkpad.

Reactions: MacDonald4MVP

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I bought a HP Spectre when they first came out. Still going strong. By far the best laptop I've ever had

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He would be worth a 3rd rounder at most.

Have you ever seen an HP laptop? Probably the worst build quality ever. Dell latitude line is great, but the king still is the thinkpad.

My work laptop, a 5 month old Dell Latitude, had its hard drive crash today. Quit with the jinx threads already.

On the other hand, Dell is a really good goaltender. I think the question is whether he can handle playing the number of games it takes to be a #1 without regression. His play year to date has definitely been #1 quality.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Potential to be a starting goalie? Sure.
But not in SJ with Jones’ contract. I hope he stays long enough and plays well enough that SJ can somehow get a premium for him(Toskala)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad