How is Paul Ranger playing this year?

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Off to a rough start, but all players take time to get into game shape after the off season, so add on 3 years to that.

In time he will be a very useful player for us. Im gonna go with 20 games to get the rust out.

PasDaSquini

Apr 4, 2010
He needs a break. Needs to sit once Fraser comes back. You can tell that he is a second off and it hurts him and his partner most nights. Give me a couple days let him ease himself back into the NHL.

Kessley Snipes*

He started off quite rough. The speed of the game was way to fast for him and it showed in his play. Lately he has kept things simple and appears to be gaining more confidence with each game. A solid #5/6 guy for sure.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I think he's solid in his own zone, not great. But he is poor defensively out side of his own blue line. I'm not a fan, and I'd like to see Frasor bump him when he comes back. I think it'd help Gardiner to have a smart defensive player on his other side to cover him. Franson loved it.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Getting better every game.

One of the few D-men on Leafs roster who would hit the body in own zone.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Not great, but I feel like he's been getting better. He's kinda in the doghouse for most Leaf fans but I think he's just adjusting slowly, and having some trouble after being out of the game for so long.

He's a lot better than what he's shown, I guess I'll leave it at that.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I haven't seen every single game, but I've watched most, and from what I've seen I tend to agree with the notion that he started out slow and has gotten a bit better with each game. I'd still think he's the lowest ranked on the totem pole, and should be the odd man out when Fraser is back, unless someone else goes down or he goes on a tear before then.

Asif16*

Medicore at best. Has been playing better lately. But, like posters above me have said, he needs to keep improving and play better.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
In a perfect world, he'd play for the Rangers, Steve Ott would be on the Senators, Dallas Eakins would be coaching the Stars and Martin St. Louis would be on the Blues.

Avengers*

In a perfect world, he'd play for the Rangers, Steve Ott would be on the Senators, Dallas Eakins would be coaching the Stars and Martin St. Louis would be on the Blues.

I don't get the Ott-Senators reference :sarcasm:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
He doesn't play like Bobby Orr, so, he's garbage around these parts.

He'll be fine soon enough!!!

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Was prone to errors in the early games due to lack of speed but is steadily getting better with each game. Averaging 20 minutes a game and holds a +3 rating. 2 points in 10 games. I don't know where his ceiling is but we haven't seen it yet. I seriously doubt his play will tail off. He is absolutely one of the leafs best 6.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Started out slow but has been getting better almost every game. Was very solid a couple of nights ago vs Anaheim.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Rough start but a lot, and I mean a lot, better over the past few games.

As one might expect.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
He was really ****** in the first 5 or so games and he's been decent in the other 5

scooter87

Mar 22, 2013
Last game he looked good and was strong on the body. Still seems a bit slow, but is reading the play better than he was earlier in the season. If he continues to improve and adjust to NHL pace at the level he has been he should be a serviceable 5th/4th defender.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
We might want to be charitable given how rare it is that a player comes into the ACC and immediately excels.

I remember another Lightning alum who staggered at first and flourished later: Pavel Kubina.

I've seen very slow, but consistent improvement...At the very worst, we have serviceable depth at depth prices.

Competition even at the bottom pairing slots is fine by me.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
It's amazing how you guys say the things you do , Ranger has been solid in his role of covering for the over committing rookies has has to play with , as Gardiner smartens up about putting his defensive role ahead of pushing too deep in the offensive end Rangers play appears to get better because he isn't getting burned by his partner as much , You dog him and praise Reilly who along with his partner Franson have been directly to blame for most of our goals against including 3 of the 4 against Reimer in his only loss . Have any of you armchair vets ever laced up a pair of skates that weren't white ? did you make it beyond peewee house league ?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
had a couple of rough games early on but has been rock solid the past 5gms at least. not just physical and good defensively, but a good puckmover as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad