How is Aaron Ekblad trending?

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Drafted first overall in 2014 and here he is his fourth season in the NHL. So how is he doing? So far 23 games and 8 pts.

Crazy to think that he still only is 21 yrs old.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
After starting the season pressing more offensively and getting beat bad a few times on the other end, he’s focused more on playing a sound positional game and has been a steady defender. Unfortunately, he’s been paired with Yandle who has a what the hell move a game up his sleeve.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He had one bad year dealing with injuries. I thought he was gonna be a bust he's been improving game after game. Last night was one of his best games of the season. Dude is still on track to be one of the best. No doubt he'll be a force to reckon with by 23. He's also got hands like Barkov but he barely flashes them. Really I am just happy to see he is progressing rather than regressing.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
He’s been better lately but he still has issues with gap control. And being with Yandle isn’t helping.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Shed some weight over the summer which has helped, but his skating is holding him back from going to the next level. Right now he's probably a #2/#3 guy but he just hit his 250th game, so we'll see where he goes from here. He's definitely playing better than last season though.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He's been better. He's got a really slow first step so he has little room for error. His skating is very choppy.

He needs to work on his skating which is holding him back and if he can become a better skater, he has a chance to become a #1 D-man.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
He had one bad year dealing with injuries. I thought he was gonna be a bust he's been improving game after game. Last night was one of his best games of the season. Dude is still on track to be one of the best. No doubt he'll be a force to reckon with by 23. He's also got hands like Barkov but he barely flashes them. Really I am just happy to see he is progressing rather than regressing.

It won't show up on the scoresheet but he even scored a goal last night

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Manhattan Beach, California
As a Leafs fan, I sure as heck would love him on my team. A big RH 1D is very rare.

I quite like the Panthers and some of their players. Barkov is spectacular. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad