Pre-Game Talk: How important is a win over Vancouver?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm curious which players the Canucks will be icing tonight. Is there an importance for the Canucks to win, or is their fate already sealed?
A regulation or overtime win would give the Canucks 3rd place in the NHL ahead of Carolina, so they'd have home ice in any series not involving the Rangers or Stars.

An OTL would move them ahead of the Panthers into 5th place in the NHL but the Jets would overtake them. Home ice in any series not involving the Rangers, Stars, Canes, or Jets.

A regulation loss would drop them to 6th, behind the Panthers. So home ice against any team not previously mentioned, plus the Panthers.

A Jets win, in any fashion, puts them in 4th place and home ice vs. anyone but the Rangers, Stars or Canes.

A Jets OT or SO loss puts them in 6th place and home ice vs. anyone but the Rangers, Stars, Canucks, Canes or Panthers.

A Jets regulation loss would leave them in 7th and add Boston to the list of teams they wouldn't have home ice advantage over.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Only one more game to make it through, no sense playing scared now

Play everyone and go for the win.

Rest isn't going to be an issue going into round one.
Haha so much for what I think :laugh:

It will be cool to see big bad Brad and chibby in action

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
If we make it to the 3rd round and then Stanley cup finals, this game vs Vancouver tonight could actually have some significance in those later rounds. Not saying it’s worth playing our top players or playing people with injuries. I think the focus should be on getting the team as optimally prepared as possible for game 1 vs Colorado… but guaranteeing home ice in western finals and significantly increasing the odds of home ice in a cup finals if we get that far is hardly meaningless!

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad