Pre-Game Talk: How important is a win over Vancouver?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I think it's important, even though we are jumping the gun a little bit. Both Vancouver and Jets could very well lose the 1st round ( HOPEFULLY NOT!!!! )
But team need to position themselve for best possible placement in the standing.

So that is 2nd place in the WEST CONFERENCE.

GO JETS GO!!!!

Just roll all lines and d pairing all equal minutes....

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Anybody dealing with minor injuries will get tomorrow off.

This.

1. priority is getting everyone a day off with any kind of minor injury
2. get a couple of minutes to players that haven't been involved much lately so that in case they are needed because of an injury to somebody else, the last time they played isn't two weeks ago. Schmidt, Miller, Kupari, Perfetti, Gustafsson

I googled about Kupari because I wasn't even sure weather he's healthy ... and found this: Practice Report - Almost there | Winnipeg Jets

Jets have already published exactly what I just typed, lol:

"Bowness hinted that David Gustafsson, Cole Perfetti, Rasmus Kupari, Nate Schmidt and Colin Miller will play as the coaching staff wants them ready to go for the postseason."

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
This.

1. priority is getting everyone a day off with any kind of minor injury
2. get a couple of minutes to players that haven't been involved much lately so that in case they are needed because of an injury to somebody else, the last time they played isn't two weeks ago. Schmidt, Miller, Kupari, Perfetti, Gustafsson

I googled about Kupari because I wasn't even sure weather he's healthy ... and found this: Practice Report - Almost there | Winnipeg Jets

Jets have already published exactly what I just typed, lol:

"Bowness hinted that David Gustafsson, Cole Perfetti, Rasmus Kupari, Nate Schmidt and Colin Miller will play as the coaching staff wants them ready to go for the postseason."
Internal competition is a great motivator. I think it's a fantastic idea to make sure these guys don't have any rust. Looking at that list, it hits home again what terrific depth we have.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Being healthy and playing the right way is what is important.
The Jennings and home ice IF we meet Van is not near as important.
after so many years of slipping down the stretch and backing into the playoffs and relying on other teams to lose and "needing help"I want a win. another statement. another proof that this team is here to win, and take everything they can.

and it's not Just Vancouver. it's 4th place in the entire League.
It means Aside from a series against Dallas, we get home ice throughout the playoffs. and if we make the cup final...unless it's the Rags or the Hurricanes we would get home ice there as well.

it's actually worth playing for.

so yes let's play the black aces and save some "stars" but lets play right, do the job, get Brossoit a win.
Great teams don't let up. they stand over the fallen opponent screaming in victory"

"What is Best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Last edited:

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
If you ran 1000 simulations my guess would be a win or loss today would have some a minor effect on the outcome of our Stanley Cup chances, it might as well not be played at all.

No injuries.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
and it's not Just Vancouver. it's third place in the entire League.
It means Aside from a series against Dallas, we get home ice throughout the playoffs. and if we make the cup final...unless it's the Rags or the Hurricanes we would get home ice there as well.

it's actually worth playing for.

so yes let's play the black aces and save some "stars" but lets play right, do the job, get Brossoit a win.
Great teams don't let up. they stand over the fallen opponent screaming in victory"

"What is Best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
4th

Nov 24, 2006
I'm curious which players the Canucks will be icing tonight. Is there an importance for the Canucks to win, or is their fate already sealed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad