Player Discussion How high AAV would you go for Krug?

Assuming a 6 year deal, how high AAV would you go for Krug?

Results are only viewable after voting.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I hate to make a different Krug thread, but would love to see the results of this poll before the playoffs start.

Assuming a 6 year deal to make it easier... how high would you be willing to go to keep Krug on this current roster?

What would you spend the money on if you did let Krug walk?

How would you pay Krug if you were willing to give him 8+?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I went $6.5 max, but it really depends on the length of the contract. I'm definitely not touching 7 or 8 years at any number. Would prefer $6.5 x 5 years, and I'd probably want it even lower if it was 6 years.

Reactions: bbfan419

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
The Ryan Ellis deal - 8 X 6.25 in in his 28th year last year is the deal that will be used as the leverage I bet. Krug is better than Ellis. As much as I'd like 6.5 X 6 I'd say it looks more like 7.25 minimum by this comparison. Likely 7.5. It's more than most any of us will go. Has he earned a 2 million per raise...yup. Figure it out Don. Trade a 3rd and Moore to Seattle for a 6th or some such and Lauzon is good to go. Just do something...

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
7. There are 6 Bruins I would say are off limits if it meant keeping Krug.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
With all due respect I gotta cap it at 6.

With a flat cap for what will likely be several years and likely many more than we think,with an eye on the up coming expansion draft, that's as far as I would go. It's been said many times on these boards and I will re-iterate, there are many ways to skin a cat.

Is that fair to Krug? Probably not, but since when has life been fair?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
7 but I'd hope for a little less than that. Krug's got to be looking for at least 5 years at this point, and I'd say the max term I'd be comfortable with would be 6.

I think both Boston and Krug would be content with 5-6 years; the sticking point is likely the price. I'd be very surprised if Sweeney offers more than 7x6, maybe 7.5 at the absolute most. But I strongly suspect he can get a little more than that on the open market. So it's entirely up to him and what he wants.

Personally I'd like to see him stay but not at any cost - if he wants and can get more than 7 than I say thanks Torey and good luck to you.

member 96824

I’d love to pretend he’s going to come in under what Spurgeon got but I just can’t see it, especially with the open market salivating for a game changing D man on the ice who’s an impeccable leader off it.

Take it from John Moore if you have to I don’t care.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
7.5 ... if he wanted more give him more dough in the beginning of the contract and less at the back end. That’s fair I think

member 96824

I do always love these threads though in a vacuum as if Don Sweeney doesn’t have an impeccable record of being a cap sheet Robinhood, taking from the good and giving to the bad.

The more we pay Torey, the less flexibility we give Don to sign Corey Perry to a 4 year, 16 million contract, so it’s a double win.:D

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I do always love these threads though in a vacuum as if Don Sweeney doesn’t have an impeccable record of being a cap sheet Robinhood, taking from the good and giving to the bad.

The more we pay Torey, the less flexibility we give Don to sign Corey Perry to a 4 year, 16 million contract, so it’s a double win.:D

That's not Robin Hood, that's King John, otherwise known as Marc Bergevin.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
7.5 no trade clause, keep until we have a chance for a cup, then trade for picks assets.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He deserves a raise. He is better and more important to the team than when he signed his last deal. I'm with those that worry about the term. I put 6.5 but 7 per is reasonable for him, just not at 5+ years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad