How have your 2004 picks done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

The players your team picked up in the 2004 draft, how have they been doing?

Toronto has Dmitri Vorobiev, selected #157 overall has been Russia's #1 defenseman and has been really good. He's a +3 (3:0) in the 2 games he's played against the USA and Czech Republic, Vorobiev also has 1 assist.

He was rated as the 29th best skater in Europe for the 2004 draft but fell due to his weight at the combine in Toronto, he weighed in at 211 pounds. The latest numbers have him at 6'2, 225 pounds.

I'm tremendously happy with the selection, he's been great in the Russian Super League as well.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
The players your team picked up in the 2004 draft, how have they been doing?

Toronto has Dmitri Vorobiev, selected #157 overall has been Russia's #1 defenseman and has been really good. He's a +3 (3:0) in the 2 games he's played against the USA and Czech Republic, Vorobiev also has 1 assist.

He was rated as the 29th best skater in Europe for the 2004 draft but fell due to his weight at the combine in Toronto, he weighed in at 211 pounds. The latest numbers have him at 6'2, 225 pounds.

I'm tremendously happy with the selection, he's been great in the Russian Super League as well.

Fell due to his weight? Huh... I would be surprised... 211 pounds is the perfect weight.

leafaholix*

markov` said:
Fell due to his weight? Huh... I would be surprised... 211 pounds is the perfect weight.
Apparently there was too much fat.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Callahan has been good...solid game against russia and a goal and an assist last night.

montoya has been up and down...good play sometimes, not so good others. 2 wins, but needs to step it up

korpikoski has a goal in 2 games...but finland was shut out in its second game, so he wasn't the only one who didn't get a point. i noticed someone in the canada/finland game thread said he beat phaneuf one on one in that game? or did i read that wrong? :dunno:

petruzalek has a SH goal in 2 games...probably not one of the czech republics biggest weapons but hopefully he'll notch a few more points, not bad for a 9th round pick

hrm, who else is from 2004...my mind isn't working too well tonight...i think that's it.

solid overall i guess

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
From what I've heard, Fransson and Grossman have been decent for Sweden.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Chaos said:
From what I've heard, Fransson and Grossman have been decent for Sweden.

Maybe in the first game but they let Heino-Linberg alone against Canada. This young Habs goaler shutout the Germans and was O.K against Canada. Exactly the same situation with Halak.

Emelin isn't spectacullar and Kostitsyn have 2 assists in 3 games. Belarus is probabaly the worst team of the tournemant after all :shakehead

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
canes have borer on the us defense, i think he plays well, but he wont get a lot of ink for his d first mentality. i hate to touch off another ladd maelstorm, but i havent heard anything bad about the last 2 games. i assume thats because of the lack of competition, not his two goals. sounds like anyone couldve scored in those games. itll be fun to watch these two teams play each other if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad