How has Niklas Kronwall looked for Sweden?

• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

Hey friends, if you've been fortunate enough to see Team Sweden play at all, I was wondering what you thought about Niklas Kronwall?

Thoughts/projections would be appreciated.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I've seen every game of the tourney thanks to mediazone and Kronwall has impressed the heck out of me. Where USA's young Paul Martin is way out of his league in this tourney, Kronwall looks like a star out there, already an impact player offensively and defensively and with such a mature attitude! After scoring you'd expect a youngster to cheer or react but he was cool and work-like as if he was just taking care of business.

Previously I had nothing to say about Kronwall and assumed he was just another overhyped blueliner.

Now I think he is the sure thing.

A Good Flying Bird*

VanIslander said:
I've seen every game of the tourney thanks to mediazone and Kronwall has impressed the heck out of me. Where USA's young Paul Martin is way out of his league in this tourney, Kronwall looks like a star out there, already an impact player offensively and defensively and with such a mature attitude! After scoring you'd expect a youngster to cheer or react but he was cool and work-like as if he was just taking care of business.

Previously I had nothing to say about Kronwall and assumed he was just another overhyped blueliner.

Thanks

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
He's looked pretty good in the games I've seen. He wasn't to shabby as a Red Wing, either.

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
The way things are going, he'll be in the All-Star team. Excellent offence, really calm with the puck for a guy his age. Solid on defence, and he dropped Thornton with an open ice hit. Me likes.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Yeah, I got to see him play all year in Grand Rapids, and he is amazing. I'm not surprised his good play has carried over to the WC's. And for all the wings fans, Johan Franzen scored for Sweden today! The wings went from a shaky future prospect-wise, to having a few promising prospects, as well as Zetterberg, Fischer and Datsyuk for the future.

A Good Flying Bird*

GoBoltz56 said:
Yeah, I got to see him play all year in Grand Rapids, and he is amazing. I'm not surprised his good play has carried over to the WC's. And for all the wings fans, Johan Franzen scored for Sweden today! The wings went from a shaky future prospect-wise, to having a few promising prospects, as well as Zetterberg, Fischer and Datsyuk for the future.

Don't forget guys like McGrath, Quincey, Howard, Oulahen, and Jamtin. And hopefully Grigorenko.
Not all bluechips, by any stretch of the imagination. But there may be young help along the way.

Thanks for the Kronwall info, guys.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
VanIslander said:

Let me add that I detest the Red Wings!! Trade him please!

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
Don't forget guys like McGrath, Quincey, Howard, Oulahen, and Jamtin. And hopefully Grigorenko.
Not all bluechips, by any stretch of the imagination. But there may be young help along the way.

Thanks for the Kronwall info, guys.

Kronwall has been very impressive. If the NHL takes out the red line Kronwall is sure going to benefit from that. He sprung lose Alfreddson and Kahnberg for goals against Finland. Kronwall also nailed Thornton on an open ice hit. Defensively solid, a good skater and can move the puck really well.

And he can score too. Had a great goal against Finland where he made a move in tight and scored on the backhand.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Seiza said:
Kronwall has been Sweden's best player so far together with Mikael Samuelsson.

totally! they are the next Nicklas Lidstrom and Peter Forsberg in the NHL!!!!!!!!!1111one :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad