How has L eon looked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
As advertised. Great vision, adequate defensively. Not the fastest but can certainly keep up.

He's been pretty impressive on faceoffs and I think his skating issues are overblown, beats guys to the puck pretty regularly in foot races (against lesser competition of course).

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He has looked good but not great.

Been the best of our rookies.

Been the best of our centers not named RNH or Gordon.

But has also played with good line mates as well for most his preseason stint.

Winnipeg's Ehlers was ridiculously dynamic and slightly outplayed Leon in the rookie tourney. Bennet from Calgary was also right in the same ball park as Leon in terms of rookies as well.

So far he seems a lock to make the team, which is probably unfortunate because another year of development probably would help him in the long run a bit. Especially if he is used as our #2 Center, he will eventually be overmatched and overwhelmed as the year goes on.

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
He has looked good but not great.

Been the best of our rookies.

Been the best of our centers not named RNH or Gordon.

But has also played with good line mates as well for most his preseason stint.

Winnipeg's Ehlers was ridiculously dynamic and slightly outplayed Leon in the rookie tourney. Bennet from Calgary was also right in the same ball park as Leon in terms of rookies as well.

So far he seems a lock to make the team, which is probably unfortunate because another year of development probably would help him in the long run a bit. Especially if he is used as our #2 Center, he will eventually be overmatched and overwhelmed as the year goes on.

Ah...Gordon? So, tell me exactly what you have observed with Gordon in the preseason.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Ah...Gordon? So, tell me exactly what you have observed with Gordon in the preseason.

Seen him get absolutely flattened by someone and just skate it off like nothing. Nuge or any of our other centers would have been injured for the season.

Enough for me to pencil him in as our #1 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce