How has Engelland been?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Personally, I've been a big fan of his game. He's physical and is great at disrupting the cycle. He's a better skater than I think we were expecting, and his passing is a significant upgrade from Chris Butler.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Definitely not worth his contract, but he is a serviceable #6. One thing I do like about him is he's actually pretty decent at keeping the puck in the zone.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Pretty much as expected. Or in other words, a good fit.

Added partial bonus of allowing the Flames to not have to dress McGrattan every game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Decent actually.
Bottom pairing guy, has been decent in a PK role, had made a couple mistakes so far this year, but nothing to merit hating the guy.

I don't mind him at all actually. It'd be best if Calgary had him and a PMD; like when he started with Russell this year; him and Smido seem kind of slow together... but they really give a ton of physicality.

And as someone said, with Bollig and Engelland in the lineup; Calgary hasn't had to waste a spot on a goon this year.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Big, tough, not very good with the puck, and not a great decision-maker. Kind of reminds me of Chris Butler minus speed plus physical aggression. The bottom pairing looks like the same disaster it was last season, which is perfectly fine since it's the McEichel draft year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Engelland=GOAT

He's been a pleasant surprise to me. I've seen him a little previously, but I think he's been very solid defensively overall (minus a few lapses). He actually puts the puck on net from the point more than I expected, he makes our defence not soft, he clears the crease better than anyone we have, and he doesn't get beat often. I'm more than fine paying him his salary if he maintains this level of play, reminds me of a prime Cory Sarich really.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's been solid. Much better deal than the Oilers got for Nikita Nikitin.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Better than expected looking like a #6
Not worth the contract but doesnt really matter as it gets him out of here when it expires

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
He's been a solid #6 for us, who knows if it lasts the whole season though, hopefully it does! For the money, he better play like this all season (I don't care if we're a cap-dwelling team this season).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad