Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Happier than any other year

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
In 20 years no one will remember the playoff format. Only Team X, 2020 Stanley Cup Champions.
Unless it's a team's first Stanley Cup. No one will care if Boston wins, for example. But if it's the Canucks or Sharks? Hell, even the Leafs with their long Cup drought. Then there's a hypocritical asterisk.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Every team is healthy (majority at least) these are going to be very good playoffs imo, no excuses for any team

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As excited as any other year, maybe even more exciting. Depending on when the cup gets awarded, it may still be summer time weather for the cup finals where I live, which is an extremely exciting proposition for me. I'd love to be able to watch the Avs in the cup final on Saturday nigh in late August having a BBQ, drinking beers and watching the game outdoors.

Dont really get that kind of weather here where I am in late May or early June so.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
In 20 years no one will remember the playoff format. Only Team X, 2020 Stanley Cup Champions.
if you do not think people will remember this year and this playoffs you are kidding yourself, maybe in like 60 years when most of the people are dead will they look at who won the 2020 Cup and not think anything of it, but I assure you everyone who is alive now will remember this year

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
if you do not think people will remember this year and this playoffs you are kidding yourself, maybe in like 60 years when most of the people are dead will they look at who won the 2020 Cup and not think anything of it, but I assure you everyone who is alive now will remember this year

People have forgotten far bigger things.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
cuz it is different, you wont get the same cup energy and drama, no fans in stands, a 3 month gap between regular season and playoffs, fans of some teams who did not get in the playoff feel cheated and are always going to consider the playoffs tainted, 24 team kind of cheapens it from the typical 16 team
How on earth can any of the 7 teams that didn't get in feel cheated? The Ducks were the closest and they were 12 points out of the playoffs when the season ended.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think it should be like any other cup but I don't doubt for a moment IF and it's a big IF the Leafs won, it would suddenly become the popular sentiment on the mains("Ah that doesn't count. Took 50 years to win a half cup" etc).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad