How good will Michigan team be?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Forgive me if I don't know much about the NCAA and all that. I'm just stunned looking at Michigan lineup next year, with Beniers, Johnson, Bordeleau, Brisson and Power. That roster is oozing with talent. Do you think it will translate in huge success for the team? The expectations must be sky high there?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Expectations are indeed high in The World of Michigan Hockey - see this article from The Wolverine. Their first - and maybe their biggest - challenge will be to compete in B1G hockey, where the Wolverines finished 4th in the odd 2020-21 season. I haven't studied their conference competition's rosters for the coming season, but a lot of DI teams will benefit from the NCAA waiver allowing 5th year returners/transfers (refer to the thread: NCAA DI Extended Eligibility for Winter Sport Student-Athletes). That change alone will make it difficult to predict outcomes in all conferences. Both Wisconsin (17-6-1-0-1-1 last season) & Minnesota (16-6-0-0-0-0) will likely be tough to beat again this season. But Michigan's lineup will be stacked with talent worth watching. :popcorn:

Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Adam Fantilli joining his brother for 22/23 and Sounds like Rutger McGroarty maybe next

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad